In a quest of finding the best specialist for your liver, biliary tree, gallbladder and pancreas diseases? Bangalore with its cutting edge technologies has always been an ace out of all other metropolitan cities. So to ease your conquest here is the list of top 10 Best Hepatologist in Bangalore.
10 Best Hepatologist in Bangalore
Dr. Sumit Talwar
27 years of experience
MS - General Surgery, MBBS
- Expert in Minimally Invasive Gastro-Intestinal Surgery.
- Pioneered the development of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery (Surgery for Morbid Obesity and treatment of Diabetes) in Delhi NCR area.
- Pioneered Gastrointestinal Cancer Surgery with a special emphasis on Minimally Invasive(Laparoscopic) treatment of G I cancers including Colo-rectal, Upper GI, Hepato-biliary, and Pancreatic cancers.
- Developed a new technique of Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (Scarless Surgery) for gall-bladder, appendix, hernia, etc. using routine instruments and equipment thereby reducing the cost involved in the technique.
Dr. Raj Venugopal
20 years of experience
DM - Gastroenterology, MD - Internal Medicine, MBBS
- The first doctor from Bengaluru for successfully setting up an Endosonography unit.
- Involved in more than 700+ cases in Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endosonography.
- Experienced in handling Endoscopy, Ultrasonography, Therapeutic Endoscopy, and Medical Gastroenterology.
Dr. Shabeer Ahmed
36 years of experience
MMAS, FRCS - General Surgery, MS - General Surgery, MBBS
- Interests include colon cancer screening and prevention, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), teaching medicine, and clinical medical ethics.
- Expertises lie in advanced laparoscopic surgery, especially for gastrointestinal cancer.
- Established a Laparoscopic Center at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, where he performed about 240 cases of colorectal cancers laparoscopically.
Dr. Mallikarjun Sakpal
18 years of experience
DM - Hepatology, MD - Medicine, MBBS
- Adept in the management of patients suffering from a wide variety of liver and biliary diseases, ICU care of critically ill patients.
- Involved in end to end management pre- and post-operative management of patients who undergo liver transplantation.
- Expert in diagnostic and therapeutic Upper GI Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, EUS, and ERCP.
- An honored with Member, Life of Lamp, an organ donation awareness initiative of PGIMER.
Dr. A Olithselvan
26 years of experience
CCST - Gastroenterology, Hepatology: CSST(UK), MRCP (UK), MD - General Medicine, MBBS
- Established the first liver transplant centre in western Tamilnadu.
- Expert in dealing with cases related to liver transplant evaluation & post-liver transplant care; cirrhosis and end-stage liver disease; acute liver failure; and jaundice evaluation & treatment.
- Treats the conditions such as Hepatitis C, Hepatitis B, and other viral Hepatitis; fatty liver disease associated with obesity and diabetes; alcoholic liver disease; and Hepatocellular Carcinoma.
- Made Coimbatore as one of the most active cadaver liver transplantation centres in the country during his tenure
Dr. Naresh Bhat
30 years of experience
Fellowship in therapeutic GI Endoscopy, DM - Gastroenterology, MD - Medicine, MBBS
- Areas of interest include GI cancer, IBD therapeutic, and pediatric endoscopy.
- Trains endoscopists in India and Asia in advanced endoscopic imaging.
- core strengths are clinical gastroenterology and advanced endoscopy.
- Holds various executive posts in medical associations relating to his fields of specialization
Dr. Manoj R
21 years of experience
MCh - Surgical Gastroenterology/G.I. Surgery, MRCS (UK), MS - General Surgery, MBBS
- Areas of interest are in Fistula Surgery,Upper GI Surgery and Constipation, Laparoscopic surgery of stomach, gallbladder, liver transplant, pancreas, as well as Piles Treatment (Non-Surgical), Piles etc.
- Specialization includes Piles Treatment (Non Surgical), Gastroscopy, Piles Surgery, Liver Transplant and Chest & Abdoment & Upper Extremity.
Dr. Adarsh K
19 years of experience
DNB - Gastroenterology, MD - General Medicine, MBBS
- Special interest in GI bleeding, pancreatic, Hepatitis B, C, and other liver diseases as well as IBD(inflammatory bowel diseases).
- Well versed with advanced endoscopic procedures like enteroscopy, spyglass, capsule endoscopy, ERCP, and endoscopic ultrasound.
Dr. Mahesh Gopasetty
16 years of experience
FRCS, MS, MBBS
- Key areas of interest and expertise include Living Donor and Cadaveric Donor Liver Transplants; Paediatric Liver Transplants; Small Intestine Transplants; Portal Hypertension Surgeries; Kidney & Pancreas Transplants and Complex Pancreatic Surgeries.
- Experience of 1600+ Liver Transplants (Adult & Paediatric) and 100+ Small intestine Transplants.
- Specializes in treating chronic liver disease patients who require organ transplants due to decompensated hepatic function.
Dr. Naveen Ganjoo
17 years of experience
Fellowship in Hepatology & Multi Organ Transplantation, Fellowship in Gastroenterology, MD - Internal Medicine, MBBS
- Involved in a large liver transplant program that has completed more than 400 transplants all over South India.
- Expert in the care of patients with complex and advanced liver diseases as well as pre and post-transplant management and diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopies
- Special interests include the management of autoimmune liver diseases, drug-induced liver disease, and post-transplant chronic rejection.
Questions & Answers on "Hepatology" (22)
kindly do not take or discontinue medicines without the doctor's advice. Please consult a gastroenterologist or hepatologist for your problems.
Kindly visit a liver specialist for a check-up.
Based on the complaints and elevated bilirubin levels you seem to be suffering from a type of liver disorder, a condition wherein excess accumulation of bilirubin (a brown yellow coloured compound formed in breaking down of red blood cells) occurs. With loss of appetite, vomiting, stomach tightness and bloating; fever, extreme fatigue and abdominal pain can also be seen in liver diseases.
• There are multiple causes for development of liver dysfunction such as infection, autoimmune liver diseases like cholangitis, Wilson’s disease, cancer, alcoholic liver (due to alcohol abuse) and non-alcoholic (due to excessive consumption of fats) and drug induced.
• When using a medicine that is known to have the potential to cause liver damage, your doctor may recommend you to have blood tests done on a routine basis after starting the medication so that any signs of liver damage may be recognised before symptoms develop.
• Common medications that can cause damage to the liver include Paracetamol, Statins – drugs for lowering cholesterol levels and certain herbs.
• Other liver function parameters such as AST(aspartate aminotransferase), ALT(alanine transaminase), ALP(alkaline phosphatase) and GGT(gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase) bilirubin are required to be evaluated and additional to this for determining the exact cause of dysfunction especially to confirm presence of jaundice; urinalysis, CT (for distinguishing between biliary obstruction and liver disease including cancer) and liver biopsy (for ruling out concern about possible liver cancer) needs to performed.
• The treatment is based on the underlying cause and damage levels and can range from dietary changes, medications such as antibiotics, sedatives, etc to liver transplants.
• Consult hepatologist near you for further assessment and treatment.