In a quest of finding the best specialist for your liver, biliary tree, gallbladder and pancreas diseases? Bangalore with its cutting edge technologies has always been an ace out of all other metropolitan cities. So to ease your conquest here is the list of top 10 Best Hepatologist in Bangalore.
10 Best Hepatologist in Bangalore
Dr. Sumit Talwar
26 years of experience
MS - General Surgery, MBBS
- Expert in Minimally Invasive Gastro-Intestinal Surgery.
- Pioneered the development of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery (Surgery for Morbid Obesity and treatment of Diabetes) in Delhi NCR area.
- Pioneered Gastrointestinal Cancer Surgery with a special emphasis on Minimally Invasive(Laparoscopic) treatment of G I cancers including Colo-rectal, Upper GI, Hepato-biliary, and Pancreatic cancers.
- Developed a new technique of Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (Scarless Surgery) for gall-bladder, appendix, hernia, etc. using routine instruments and equipment thereby reducing the cost involved in the technique.
Dr. Raj Venugopal
19 years of experience
DM - Gastroenterology, MD - Internal Medicine, MBBS
- The first doctor from Bengaluru for successfully setting up an Endosonography unit.
- Involved in more than 700+ cases in Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endosonography.
- Experienced in handling Endoscopy, Ultrasonography, Therapeutic Endoscopy, and Medical Gastroenterology.
Dr. Shabeer Ahmed
35 years of experience
MMAS, FRCS - General Surgery, MS - General Surgery, MBBS
- Interests include colon cancer screening and prevention, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), teaching medicine, and clinical medical ethics.
- Expertises lie in advanced laparoscopic surgery, especially for gastrointestinal cancer.
- Established a Laparoscopic Center at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, where he performed about 240 cases of colorectal cancers laparoscopically.
Dr. Mallikarjun Sakpal
17 years of experience
DM - Hepatology, MD - Medicine, MBBS
- Adept in the management of patients suffering from a wide variety of liver and biliary diseases, ICU care of critically ill patients.
- Involved in end to end management pre- and post-operative management of patients who undergo liver transplantation.
- Expert in diagnostic and therapeutic Upper GI Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, EUS, and ERCP.
- An honored with Member, Life of Lamp, an organ donation awareness initiative of PGIMER.
Dr. A Olithselvan
25 years of experience
CCST - Gastroenterology, Hepatology: CSST(UK), MRCP (UK), MD - General Medicine, MBBS
- Established the first liver transplant centre in western Tamilnadu.
- Expert in dealing with cases related to liver transplant evaluation & post-liver transplant care; cirrhosis and end-stage liver disease; acute liver failure; and jaundice evaluation & treatment.
- Treats the conditions such as Hepatitis C, Hepatitis B, and other viral Hepatitis; fatty liver disease associated with obesity and diabetes; alcoholic liver disease; and Hepatocellular Carcinoma.
- Made Coimbatore as one of the most active cadaver liver transplantation centres in the country during his tenure
Dr. Naresh Bhat
29 years of experience
Fellowship in therapeutic GI Endoscopy, DM - Gastroenterology, MD - Medicine, MBBS
- Areas of interest include GI cancer, IBD therapeutic, and pediatric endoscopy.
- Trains endoscopists in India and Asia in advanced endoscopic imaging.
- core strengths are clinical gastroenterology and advanced endoscopy.
- Holds various executive posts in medical associations relating to his fields of specialization
Dr. Manoj R
20 years of experience
MCh - Surgical Gastroenterology/G.I. Surgery, MRCS (UK), MS - General Surgery, MBBS
- Areas of interest are in Fistula Surgery,Upper GI Surgery and Constipation, Laparoscopic surgery of stomach, gallbladder, liver transplant, pancreas, as well as Piles Treatment (Non-Surgical), Piles etc.
- Specialization includes Piles Treatment (Non Surgical), Gastroscopy, Piles Surgery, Liver Transplant and Chest & Abdoment & Upper Extremity.
Dr. Adarsh K
18 years of experience
DNB - Gastroenterology, MD - General Medicine, MBBS
- Special interest in GI bleeding, pancreatic, Hepatitis B, C, and other liver diseases as well as IBD(inflammatory bowel diseases).
- Well versed with advanced endoscopic procedures like enteroscopy, spyglass, capsule endoscopy, ERCP, and endoscopic ultrasound.
Dr. Mahesh Gopasetty
15 years of experience
FRCS, MS, MBBS
- Key areas of interest and expertise include Living Donor and Cadaveric Donor Liver Transplants; Paediatric Liver Transplants; Small Intestine Transplants; Portal Hypertension Surgeries; Kidney & Pancreas Transplants and Complex Pancreatic Surgeries.
- Experience of 1600+ Liver Transplants (Adult & Paediatric) and 100+ Small intestine Transplants.
- Specializes in treating chronic liver disease patients who require organ transplants due to decompensated hepatic function.
Dr. Naveen Ganjoo
16 years of experience
Fellowship in Hepatology & Multi Organ Transplantation, Fellowship in Gastroenterology, MD - Internal Medicine, MBBS
- Involved in a large liver transplant program that has completed more than 400 transplants all over South India.
- Expert in the care of patients with complex and advanced liver diseases as well as pre and post-transplant management and diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopies
- Special interests include the management of autoimmune liver diseases, drug-induced liver disease, and post-transplant chronic rejection.