If you are looking for the best hepatologist in Mumbai, you have landed on the right page. In Mumbai, you will find doctors highly experienced in all treatments of problems related to the liver, biliary tree, gallbladder, and pancreas. Here is the list of top 10 Hepatologists in Mumbai.
10 Best Hepatologist in Mumbai
Dr. Hemant Bhansali
41 years of experience
LLB, PhD - Surgery, FCPS - General Surgery, FICS, Fellowship in Gastroenterology, MS - General Surgery, MBBS
- One of the Pioneers of Laparoscopic Surgery in India.
- Owns Patents in Instruments used in laparoscopic surgery.
- The unique distinction of FIRST Ph.D. in Laparoscopic Surgery in India
- Awarded from J Watumall Memorial for ‘Outstanding Services towards Humanity’
Dr. Aruna Pradeep Bhave
34 years of experience
DNB - Gastroenterology, MBBS
- A specialist in Liver and Digestive diseases.
- Expertise in diagnostic and therapeutic Endoscopies inclusive of Gastroscopies and Colonoscopies.
- Honored her skills though overseas observership programs at centres like Miami, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, all located in the USA.
- Treats patients suffering from heartburn, GERD, IBS, Crohn’s disease, abdominal pain.
Dr. Vinay Kumar Dhir
33 years of experience
DNB - Gastroenterology, MD - General Medicine, MBBS
- World-renowned for his interventional endoscopy skills.
- Interest lies in diagnostic and therapeutic ERCP and Endoscopic Ultrasound.
- Instrumental in setting up a school of Endoscopic Ultrasound and promoting teaching and training in India.
- Expertise in Liver Diseases, Hepatology, Abdominal Pain, Constipation, Diarrhea, Ulcerative Colitis, Hemochromatosis, etc.
Dr. Sanjay Nagral
33 years of experience
MS - General Surgery, MBBS
- Expertise in Hepatitis B Treatment, Gastroenteritis Treatment, Steatosis, Peptic / Gastric Ulcer Treatment, and Gastroscopy, etc.
- Involved in the first successful liver transplant in Mumbai at Jaslok Hospital & now the largest liver transplant program in western India.
- Interests include Hepatobiliary & Pancreatic Surgery and Liver Transplantation.
Dr. Raju Kanakia
31 years of experience
DNB - Gastroenterology, MD - Medicine, MBBS
- Manages diseases of the gastrointestinal tract like GERD, piles & fissures, pancreatitis, gallstones, ulcerative colitis & Crohn’s disease, liver diseases like jaundice, hepatitis, liver and gastrointestinal cancers.
- Performs various endoscopic procedures like gastroscopy, sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy and capsule endoscopy
- In 2002, he was credited with the launch of India’s first healthcare portal, which attracted one lakh visitors every month.
- Established HealthVarsity, India’s first online training portal for doctors. Health Varsity has completed more than 90 CMEs. The online CMEs trained around 10,000 doctors.
Dr. Aabha Nagral
29 years of experience
DNB - Gastroenterology, MD - Internal Medicine, MBBS
- Well known for solving complex problems in her field of specialization which includes liver diseases and liver transplantation in adults & children.
- Instrumental in setting up the first liver transplant programs at Jaslok Hospital and subsequently at Apollo Hospital, Mumbai.
- Involved in the first successful pediatric liver transplant in Western India
- Expertise in Liver, Pediatric Liver, Liver Transplantation, Gall Bladder, and Inflammatory Bowel Diseases.
Dr. Prasad Wagle
28 years of experience
MS - General Surgery, MBBS
- Large experience in the management of 1000+ major Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic disorders both benign & malignant.
- Performed 700+ Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic surgeries including Liver resection for cancers and benign disorders, Hepatico-jejunostomies for benign and malignant bile duct strictures including those for post cholecystectomy bile duct injuries.
- Fellowship in Living Donor Liver Transplantation from The Asian Medical Centre Seoul, Korea, which is the Largest LDLT program in the world.
Dr. Rakesh Rai
26 years of experience
Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training, FRCS, FRCS - General Surgery (Upper GI), MS - General Surgery, MBBS
- Specialized extensively in hepato-biliary-pancreatic surgery and solid organ transplantation (liver, kidney, and pancreas).
- Spent almost 15 years in the UK and USA working in some of the most renowned transplant centers in the world.
- Performs the cadaver and living donor liver transplants as well as kidney and pancreas transplant as well as complex surgeries related to the liver, bile duct, gall bladder, and pancreas.
Dr. Jayshri A Shah
22 years of experience
Fellowship in HPB & Liver transplant, MNAMS (Membership of the National Academy), MRCP (UK), DNB - Gastroenterology, MD - General Medicine, MBBS
- Experience with sophisticated techniques such as Endoscopic ultrasound(EUS), Double Balloon Enteroscopy(DBE), and Fibroscan (non-invasive assessment of the liver.
- Awarded the Joint Advisory Group (JAG-UK, Royal College of physicians.
- Helped to set up the Liver Unit in Global Hospital Mumbai.
- Well, Specialized in Gastroenterologist, Hepatologist, and Chronic liver.
Dr. Gaurav Gupta
7 years of experience
Fellowship in Liver Transplantation, MS - General Surgery, MBBS
- Performed more than 500 liver transplant surgeries as the Chief Surgeon.
- Best known for his proficiency in Living donor Liver Transplant, Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy, Paediatric Liver Transplant, and Pancreas Transplant.
- Performed the first-ever combined Liver Kidney Living Donor Transplant by a Mumbai-based team in Western India.
- Established three liver transplant units from scratch in Maharashtra.