Breast cancer is one of the most commonly occurring types of cancer around the world. Therefore, In search of an affordable but premium breast cancer treatment, people often visit India. As cancer hospitals in India are able to provide this with much ease.
Best Breast Cancer Treatment Hospitals in India
Tata Memorial Hospital
- Every year, the hospital takes about 4,400 new breast cancer cases.
- Their Breast Unit has 4 surgeons who perform 45 breast cancer surgeries per week.
- Out of the registered cases at Tata Memorial hospital, 60% are operable with 70% of the operable cases are usually operated with breast conservation surgery.
- Diagnosis for breast cancer is done using the most advanced technological equipment such as Gallium 68 PET-CT Scan.
- Over the last 2 decades, Apollo hospitals have performed over 50,000 breast cancer surgeries.
- The vast experience accumulated by Apollo hospitals in the field of breast cancer treatment has enabled them to offer a highly specialized centre called ‘The Apollo Breast Clinic”.
All India Institute Of Medical Sciences
Ansari Nagar, Delhi
Mon - Sun
9 am - 11:59 pm
- AIIMS, New Delhi was established in 1956 and is one of the oldest government breast cancer hospitals in India, operating under the Ministry of Health and welfare.
- The vacuum is assisted with an advanced mammography unit, which made stereotactic breast biopsy possible.
Adyar Cancer Institute
- It is one of the oldest public charitable institutes and is renowned for its breast cancer treatment in India. In 1974, Adyar Cancer Institute was declared as the centre of excellence by the Ministry of Health and Welfare.
American Oncology Institute
- This hospital is regarded as one of the finest breast cancer hospitals in India having facilities and services on par with American healthcare providers.
- It is a subsidiary of CTSI, America which focuses on Cancer treatment.
Mulund West, Mumbai
- International, as well as domestic patients, prefer visiting this hospital for their breast cancer treatment in India, for its excellent and innovative cancer treatment modalities.
- The hospital also specializes in Cardiac care, Orthopaedic Care, Pregnancy care, Neurology care and Transplant program.
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals
Sarita Vihar, Delhi
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is the second-largest hospital in New Delhi, established in 1995. It is considered as one of the top breast cancer hospitals in India.
- Apollo Cancer Institute at Indraprastha is a complete multidisciplinary centre with great treatment options available to the patients.
- Established in the year 2002, it is one of the country’s leading breast cancer treatment hospitals in India.
- KIMS cancer centre provides high-quality services to cancer patients coming from all around the world.
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
Old Rajendra Nagar, Delhi
Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital
Vileparle West, Mumbai
India’s presence in the medical tourism sector has been steadily growing at the rate of 20-25% every year. Breast cancer in India is getting the right amount of attention from people around the country. More and more technological advancements are being integrated by hospitals in India.
There are various reasons for this phenomenon, let’s highlight these factors in detail:
- Breast cancer treatment cost in India is relatively much more economical than other developed countries providing the same treatment.
- Wide arrays of options are available to treat cancer in India. For example, Apollo Hospital in Chennai has proton therapy which provides a high degree of precision radiation on the tumour, only a few hospitals in the world can say the same.
- Similarly, Laparoscopic and Robotic surgery techniques are growing in prominence in the country, which focuses on minimal invasive incisions.
- Cancer hospitals in India are well equipped with world-class infrastructure and services which really helps to sustain a higher success rate of cancer treatment across the country.
- If there is a need for a multi-disciplinary review of the case, then it is provided as well, which allows the patient to get the appropriate treatment.
- Waiting time for a visit to an oncologist in India is much less than what you experience in western countries, you can book quick appointments and get yourself treated without wasting much time.
- Medical tourism in India is encouraged by the Government of India’s lenient policies of issuing medical visas.
Therefore, we can safely conclude that one can find the best breast cancer treatment in India.
Other searched cities
Breast Cancer Treatment Hospitals in Mumbai
Breast Cancer Treatment Hospitals in Delhi
Breast Cancer Treatment Hospitals in Bangalore
Breast Cancer Treatment Hospitals in Chennai
Breast Cancer Treatment Hospitals in Hyderabad
Breast Cancer Treatment Hospitals in Pune
Breast Cancer Treatment Hospitals in Ahmedabad
Breast Cancer Treatment Hospitals in Kolkata