Turkey is famous for various hair transplant procedures like FUE, FUT, DHI, Female Hair Transplant, Body hair transplant etc. The hair transplant in Turkey has won a reputation for a long time. According to the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, in 2021, nearly 1,000,000 hair transplant surgeries were accomplished globally, resulting in around 2 billion-greenback market. The turkey hair transplant cost starts from as low as $2,000, which is relatively low compared to other countries.
So let's talk about why hair transplants in Turkey have become so popular.
Why does Turkish hair transplant so popular?
Every year more than 60,000 patients suffering from hair loss caused by medical conditions such as PCOS etc., stress and genetics travel for Hair Transplants in Turkey, according to the Turkish Health Care Travel Council. The council of Foreign Relations Board estimates that Turkey's hair transplant industry exceeds $1 billion annually. More than 200 to 500 hair transplant surgeries are done in Turkey every week. Most people who come to Turkey for hair transplants, beard, moustache or eyebrow transplant are from the USA, UK, Germany, and Australia.
- The Turkey hair transplant cost -Turkey's hair transplant cost is much more affordable than the US and Europe. The cost of FUE hair transplant in the US and UK is between $ 10,000 to $ 30,000, but in Turkey, hair transplant cost is between $ 2000 to $ 8000.
- High Precision and Accuracy – The hair transplant in Turkey is famous for its high precision and accuracy in surgery. The success is always between 98 %-99.9%. The majority of the hospitals in Turkey are JCI accredited and ISO certified.
- Package for Surgery – The hair transplant in Turkey offers very attractive packages. These packages include accommodation, flooding, lodging, medical treatment, transportation,etc.
- Exceptional Surgeons within the world– Turkey has some of the best surgeons in the world who provide the best hair transplant in Turkey. The success rate of hair transplant surgeons in Turkey is always more than 99%.
- Negligible waiting List– In Turkey, there is nearly zero waiting list. In other countries like US and UK, the waiting list can go for more than 2 months.
- Geopolitical position of Turkey – Turkey is in the center of the world, making it easy for patients to come from any part of the globe. Thus patients from USA and UK can easily come to turkey for hair transplant treatment.
Now, you might be keen to know what the different methods of hair transplant in Turkey are
Different methods of hair transplantation followed in Turkey
Here is the list of different types of hair transplantation techniques.
- FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) – FUT is one of the most popular hair transplant techniques in Europe and USA. In FUT, instead of extracting the follicle of hair, a linear strip of the hair follicle is extracted from the back of the head. Sometimes during this method, the patient can have permanent scars.
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) –FUE is another well-known hair transplant technique. This technique is scarless since the follicle of hair is extracted from the back of your head.
- Sapphire FUE – Hair transplant surgeons prefer Sapphire FUE since it is more precise. Here sapphire is used instead of titanium or steel in the surgery device.
- Micro FUE – It is actually a device used for extracting hair follicles. The size of the device varies from 0.6mm to 1 mm.
- Long FUE – This is the fast technique of hair transplant in FUE. It is preferred by people who want to return to work the next day after the surgery.
- DHI ( Direct Hair Implantation) – Now-a-days DHI is used by most clinics. It is much easier compared to FUE and FUT. In this process, the hair follicles are implanted by the pen-implanter.
What Do Turkish Hair Transplant Clinics Offer You?
Most of the hair transplant clinics in Turkey offer you a well-organized trip with a travel guide, including the following.
- A detailed plan of your treatment in Turkey with all the logistics.
- A rough estimation of the costs of the trip for you
- An accommodation plan according to your need
- Pick-up and drop facilities from the airport to your hotel.
Are hospitals better than clinics for hair transplants in Turkey?
The hair transplant in Turkey is better to be done in hospitals than in clinics for the following reasons.
- The Hospitals for Hair transplant in Turkey has certain certification and accreditation like JCI, ISO, and TUV.
- The Hair Transplant Turkey hospitals generally have a huge bed capacity, which is not available in clinics for hair transplants in Turkey. (Hospitalization is required if the no. of grafts for Hair transplant is more or the case is sensitive.)
- The hospital has a number of experienced surgeons for hair transplants in Turkey. The clinics generally have only one surgeon.
- The food, lodging and accommodations are included in the hair transplant package.
Best hair transplant clinics in Turkey
|1. Experienced and Qualified Surgeons
|3. Expert aftercare
|4. Affordable cost
|1. Airport and Hotel transfer
|2. Two nights accommodation
|3. Necessary blood tests
|5. Medical Aftercare
|1. Qualified and experienced medical team
|2. Accommodation and lodging
|3. Translator and interpreter
|4. tour and sightseeing
|5. Medical aftercare
What Do Turkish Hair Transplant hospitals Offer You?
- Advanced imaging technology
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- ISO, JCI accreditation
- Trained and well-experienced medical staff
- Accommodation of Patient and family members
- Foreign exchange facilities
Best hair transplant hospitals in turkey
|1. JCI Accredited
|2. lodging available.
|3. Highly qualified medical surgeons
|4. Doctors who specialize in hair transplantation
|5. Translation services available
|1. JCI Accredited
|2. Accomodation available
|3. Experienced hair transplant Surgeons
|5. Medical Aftercare
|1. JCI Accredited
|2. Accommodation and lodging
|3. Translator and interpreter
|4. tour and sightseeing
|5. Medical aftercare
Best hair transplant doctors in Turkey
|Istanbul Aesthetic Center, Sisli.
|Sapphire Hair Clinic, Istanbul
|Medicana International, Istanbul
What is included in the Turkey hair transplant package?
All-inclusive packages are very popular in Turkey. These packages cover almost all costs related to treating the hair transplant in Turkey.
All-inclusive hair transplant packages in Turkey include:
- The transplant procedure – This package covers the cost of all the necessary medical procedures like anesthesia. This includes a specific number of grafts, for e.g., more than 3000, which means you don’t have to pay extra if you require 3000 grafts or anything less than that.
- Transfer – As soon as you land in Turkey, a travel guide will be waiting for you at the airport. He will guide you to reach the hotel, clinic, and travel throughout Turkey.
- Accommodation – This package also includes the accommodation costs. You can select a3 to 5-star hotel depending on your budget.
- Translator services – Hospitals and clinics try to provide you with a medical representative who will probably know your preferred language.
- Aftercare services – Services like post-operation consultation and products like shampoos are included in the package. Some of the higher packages also cover shopping trips, meals, and sightseeing costs. These can cost 20 to 30% more than the standard packages.
Now you must be thinking about how you can plan your hair restoration journey. Lets's read along to get details.
Your Hair Restoration Journey in Turkey
A week in Turkey for a hair transplant procedure will follow the below-listed schedule. However, the schedule will also change depending on the type of package you choose.
|Evaluation by your Surgeon
|Hair transplant surgery
|Post-operation consultation will include a dressing, a hair wash, and a prescription of medication to be followed for the upcoming months.
What are the factors affecting the hair transplants in Turkey price?
Many factors affect the cost of hair transplants in Turkey in 2022.
- The amount of bald Area: The hair transplant cost depends on the area of the bald region and hair shedding region. The Turkey hair transplant cost in Turkey is directly proportional to the region of baldness.
- The process of transplant: The two main hair transplant procedures in Turkey are FUT and FUE. FUE hair transplant costs are much higher than FUT hair transplant techniques.
- The number of hair grafts required: The Turkey hair transplant cost varies from $ 600 to $ 10,000, depending on the number of hair grafts required for the surgery. The approximate cost of a hair transplant in Turkey per graft is mentioned below.
How much does a hair transplant cost in Turkey?
Here is the cost estimate for hair transplant based on grafts you may need.
|Number of Grafts
|Cost Of Transplant($0.75 - $2 per graft )
|$550 - $1,500
|$800 - $2,000
|$1,130 - $2,500
|$1,550 - $3,500
|$2,000 - $5,000
|$2,500 - $5,000
|$3,000 - $7,500
|$3,500 - $8,500
- The number of settings: Generally, for hair transplant surgery, if the region of baldness is high, the operation may require more than 1 session. If the number of hair grafts is more than 750, it may require more than 2 sessions. For each session, the cost is USD 4500 for 2500 hair grafts.
- The Hair surgeon's experience – The Turkey hair transplant cost goes high with the surgeon's number of years of experience. Experienced surgeons will always yield better results.
- Package of Hair transplant – The hair transplant Turkey price depends on the hair transplant package. These packages include accommodation, food, lodging, sightseeing, etc. The more facilities you take, the more charges will be added up.
- Hair transplant clinic popularity in Turkey: The higher the success rate of the hair transplant in Turkey, the more costly the hair transplant surgery will happen. There are many hair transplant clinics run by highly trained doctors who charge higher compared to other clinics.
- The number of donor grafts in your body: You must have good follicles for a proper hair transplant. If the number of hair follicles is not present in the right areas, it must be extracted from the chest. These follicles are sensitive and hence require more time and thus cost of hair transplant increases.
Factors to consider both before and after hair transplant in Turkey
You need to take care of many aspects before and after hair transplant in Turkey. These are mentioned below.
Hair transplant Turkey before and after
- You need to quit smoking at least two weeks before the surgery date. This will help you to get better results. Smoking affects blood circulation, which results in the quantity of oxygen and blood reaching your scalp.
- If there is any treatment going on, you should consult with your doctor. Since a slight change in your body mechanism can affect your hair growth.
- In case of heavy medications, you need to consult a doctor.
- You need to avoid spicy food.
- Careful about the incision cut - When the doctor transfers the hair follicles, there will incisions. These will require some time to heal. You are required to keep the incision clean.
- Proper Medication -You need to have proper medications for quick recovery after the hair transplant surgery. The doctor will suggest medicines which you need to have at the right times. The healing process after hair transplant surgery sometimes takes more than a year. You need to follow a proper diet to assist your healing process.
- The sleeping pattern needs to be checked - Swelling is somewhat common after a hair transplant surgery, but it is not the same for all. You can sleep in your normal posture, but it is preferred to sleep by elevating your head to reduce the chances of implants being swollen.
- Pay attention to your body - You must rest properly and sleep after the implant. If there is swelling, apply ice. Sometimes applying ice for 10-20 minutes over the eyebrows controls swelling.
- Proper Haircare – You should not wash your hair 48 hours after a hair transplant happens. Use of shampoos will be as recommended by your surgeons. You are not allowed to scrub your scalp, which might lead to abrasions.
- Water intake to increase – After the hair transplant Turkeyhappens, you should take enough water. Since you will consume more antibiotics, a minimum of around 8 glasses of water should be taken daily.
Is it Safe to Travel to Turkey for a Hair Transplant?
Yes, it is safe traveling to Turkey for a hair transplant surgery. Turkey is a very safe and secure country. Medical tourists from all over the globe regularly visit Turkey for hair transplants and other plastic surgery procedures. No one has faced any security issues while traveling to and in Turkey.
Medical Tourists traveling from other countries to Turkey should follow certain guidelines for a safe and secure journey for Hair Transplantation in Turkey.
- Medical Visas to be approved by Turkey Government –The first step in the journey of Hair transplant in Turkey is to apply for a medical visa. One can apply for a visa online. You need to apply all the proper travel documents in the online application.
- Making a reservation for Flight – Sometimes, hair transplant packages do not include a flight reservation ticket. Many medical services assist medical tourism with a flight reservation. You need to go to the booking websites to find the best-suited time for your travel to Turkey.
- Airport and Hotel Transfer – Sometimes accommodation is included in the Hair transplant packages. Accommodations are included in the package for a safe, secure and smooth journey to Turkey.
- Detailed plan of hair transplant surgery procedure –You need to send a mail to your travel coordinator regarding how many persons are traveling with you. Your Travel coordinator will provide you with all the information and checklist you need to follow while traveling to Turkey. It is important to check the weather before traveling since sunlight and UV rays are not ideal for hair transplantation. This will help you pack your belongings and clothes appropriate to the weather so that you do not face any type of irritation in the transplanted region.
Is it safe to travel to Turkey during Covid -19 for a Hair Transplant Surgery?
Medical tourism in Turkey has been affected drastically due to the ongoing pandemic situation. Patients are feeling hesitant to travel. Hair transplantation surgeries are being carried out by following proper covid guidelines. The clinics and hospitals are re-opening in accordance with government rules and regulations to keep their employees and patients away from being protected.
Patients with no signs or symptoms of COVID-19 are allowed to go for an appointment with the doctor. Many patients who are carrying the symptoms are finding medical help through online consultation with surgeons. The number of patients visiting the surgeons per day has been limited. Social distancing has been strictly followed.
In all the operation theatres, HEPA filters are installed. HEPA Filters help to keep the room air clean for an interval of 2-3 minutes. This will help to keep the room air fresh. UV-C lamps help kill the bacteria that are lit after each hair transplant operation.
Turkey has implemented some protocols to control the spread of Covid-19. Masks have been made mandatory on flights and all visitors are properly screened. Anyone with symptoms of fever, difficulty in breathing, or diarrhea is taken to restricted areas for covid tests.
How to obtain Medical Visa for Turkey?
There are generally two types of medical visas available. Other than citizens of visa-exempt countries, people from other countries need to have a proper visa.
- Ordinary medical Visa - You can get it by applying through the Turkish embassy or local agent in your area.
- Electronic Visa (e -visa) – This visa is obtained through the Turkish government’s online portal.
You need the follow the below-mentioned steps to obtain a medical visa for Turkey
- You must visit www.evisa.gov.tr and fill in details like your nation, passport-type, and address proof.
- Once you are done filling up the form, download it for your future use.
- Next, you must visit the nearest Turkish embassy in your area to obtain the consultant's approval.
- Once the visa gets approved, the travel dates can be planned accordingly.
Still not convinced why should you choose hair transplant in Turkey?
Then do not miss reading our successful and inspiring patient story- Hair Transplant Surgery in Istanbul.
Frequently asked questions:
Q.1) Why is hair transplant so cheap in Turkey?
Answer: Turkey houses around 35 JCI accredited hair transplant facilities, that make no compromise on the quality services, yet their hair transplant rates are inexpensive due to reasonable wages and affordable cost of living.
Q.2) How do I choose a hair transplant clinic in Turkey?
Answer: Base your decision of finding the right hair transplant clinic, on the following variables:
- Team of experts - should be adept as well as experienced.
- Fully-equipped operation room/theatre - to avoid risk of contracting/spreading infection.
- Patient testimonies and visible proof of changes brought about by hair transplant surgery.
- Holder of certifications issued by the Turkish ministry of health.
Q.3) Can we do hair transplant twice?
Answer: There is no limit on the number of times you do hair transplants.
However, it is recommended that a person should not transplant more than 6000 grafts.
Q.4) How many grafts are needed for a full head?
Answer: It takes around 5500 - 6000 grafts to cover the entire head.
Q.5) What is the success rate of hair transplant in turkey?
Answer: 90-95 % is the success rate of hair transplants in Turkey.
Q.5) Does a hair transplant last for life?
Answer: Yes, a successful hair transplant can last lifelong.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any side effects of hair transplant?
Is hair transplant a surgical procedure?
Is hair transplant permanent?
What risks can one run into, post hair transplant surgery?
How long does the recovery process take?
What can go wrong with hair transplant?
What is the success rate of hair transplant and what factors does it depend upon?
Does Insurance cover hair transplant surgery?