What are the Astigmatism treatments in India?
Are you tired of blurred or unclear vision? It can be due to Astigmatism. Below is in-depth information about Astigmatism.
Astigmatism is a common eye problem that causes fuzzy, blurred, or distorted vision due to an error in the shape of the cornea. It is a condition where the front surface of the eye, i.e. The lens of the eye or the cornea has an irregular curve due to which the rays entering the eyes is refracted more in one direction as compared to the other thereby focusing only part of the object at a time, objects that are far away can appear blurry. You can find the right treatments for Astigmatism in various Health Dictionaries.
What are the different types of Astigmatism?
There are three main types of astigmatism:
- Myopic: This is a situation where one or both principal meridians are near-sighted.
- Hyperopic: This is a situation where one or both the meridians are farsighted.
- Mixed: This happens when one of the principal meridians is farsighted and the other is nearsighted.
Most of the time astigmatism occurs early in life, so early eye examinations are very important in order to treat such vision problems.
What are the causes of Astigmatism?
The exact cause of Astigmatism is not yet clear, however, genetics can be considered as one of the main factors. Often it may be present at birth, but start to develop later in life. Eye surgery or any injury to the eye can result in Astigmatism.
What are the different symptoms of Astigmatism?
The symptoms of Astigmatism might not be the same for everyone. It differs from person to person. Some people might not have any symptoms at all.
Following are some of the symptoms of Astigmatism
- Strain in eyes
- Eye irritation
- Difficulty seeing at night.
- Fuzzy, blurry, and distorted vision
Who can get Astigmatism?
It can occur in both children and adults. However, you are more likely to get astigmatism if you have any of the following.
- If you have a family history of astigmatism or any disorders related to the eyes.
- Thinning or scarring of your cornea.
- If you have excessive nearsightedness, where you cannot see objects that are far away.
- If you have excessive farsightedness, where you cannot see objects that are close to you.
- If you have undergone an Eye surgery such as cataract surgery.
How is Astigmatism Diagnosed?
A routine eye exam helps to detect astigmatism. An optometrist may use several tests to diagnose Astigmatism.
Below are some of the test which is used to diagnose Astigmatism:
- Refraction Test: This test is done with the help of an optical refractor. It is a machine with multiple corrective glass lenses of different strengths. You will be asked to read a chart while looking through these lenses. This will help your doctor to find the exact lens that corrects your vision.
- Keratometry: This test is used to measure the curvature of your cornea with the help of an instrument known as a keratometer.
- Visual Acuity Assessment Test: During this test, you will be asked to read letters from a chart that is at a specific distance. This will help your doctor to know how well you can see the letters.
What are the different treatments for Astigmatism in India?
- Corrective lenses: Astigmatism can be treated with corrective lenses. It is one of the most common treatments for astigmatism.
Below are the two types of corrective lenses:
- Eyeglasses: Eyeglasses are made up of special lenses that help to correct the uneven shape of an eye, apart from astigmatism they can also correct other refractive errors.
- Contact lenses: Astigmatism can be also be corrected by contact lenses. There are a variety of contact lenses for e.g. – hard, soft, disposable, rigid, bifocal, etc. You must consult your doctor before choosing the contact lenses in order to know which contact lens is best for you. Contact lenses are also used in Orthokeratology treatment where you have to wear rigid contact lenses for a limited period of time in order to correct the irregular curvature of your eyes. However, once you stop this treatment, your eye will return to its previous shape. Using contact lenses for a long period of time can lead to infection in the eye.
- Refractive Surgery: In severe cases, your doctor may suggest Refractive surgery. This surgery helps to correct the problem by reshaping the eye surface.
Following are the methods of refractive surgery:
- LASIK Surgery (Laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis): There are many types of surgeries to correct your vision and Lasik eye surgery is one of them, this can prove beneficial for people suffering from astigmatism, farsightedness, nearsightedness, etc. This surgery helps to reshape the front part of an eye, which is known as the cornea. The surgeon makes a thin circular cut into the cornea with the help of an instrument known as keratome or with a special cutting laser, and then the flap is lifted in order to shape the cornea under the flap this is done with the help of an excimer laser. An excimer laser does not produce heat like other lasers. We have listed some of the best ophthalmologist in India and top Indian cities - Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Surat, and Hyderabad for Lasik Surgery. The cost of Lasik eye surgery in India depends on various factors such as cities or hospitals.
- Lasek Surgery (Laser-assisted subepithelial keratomileusis): It is better to go for LASEK Surgery if you have a thin cornea or you are at a high risk of having an eye injury at your workplace. In this surgery, the surgeon folds back the much thinner layer of the cornea, which protects your eyes or makes them less vulnerable to damage.
- Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK): In this treatment, the outer protective layer of the cornea is removed before using an excimer laser to shape the cornea.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What number of eye medical procedures would you be able to have?
Lasik can be performed more than once, yet multiple medicines might be destructive to your wellbeing and could be unproductive at long last by causing much more extreme vision issues. To care more about your eye, click here.
2. When should I see an ophthalmologist?
You need to see an ophthalmologist when there is pain or some problem in the eye. You can also see an ophthalmologist when you have any physical defects in the eye such as inward or outward movement of the eyeball. Our recommendation would be to consult with the best ophthalmologist in Bangalore.
3. Is it possible to see an eye surgeon without any referral?
Normally if you want to avail of the Medicare benefit, then it is advisable to see an eye surgeon with a referral from the general physician or the current specialists. One can still visit an eye surgeon without a referral. But in this care, Medicare benefits will not be available. For your convenience, we listed the best eye surgeon in Chennai.
4. Which are the common eye surgeries?
Below are some of the common eye surgeries:
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Macular Degeneration Surgery
Question and Answers (56)
Eye cancer does not always cause obvious symptoms and may only be picked up during a routine eye test. Some of the common symptoms of eye cancer are:
- Flashes of light
- Blurred vision
- Dark patch in eye that's getting bigger
- Partial or total loss of vision
- Bulging of 1 eye
- A lump on eyelid or in eye that's increasing in size
- Pain in or around eye, others.
The above mentioned symptoms can also be caused by more minor eye conditions, so they're not necessarily a sign of cancer. Consult an ophthalmologist. Hope our answer helps you.
As per my understanding, you want to know whether retinitis pigmentosa can lead to optic atrophy. Retinitis pigmentosa (RP) is rare degenerative disease affecting the rod photoreceptors in the retina. The optic disc in RP may show optic atrophy, usually defined as a 'waxy pallor' of the disc, and is assumed to be a due of photoreceptor degeneration. Consult an ophthalmologist to rule out the cause in your case and to also guide you for further course of management. You can refer - Best Ophthalmologists in India, to sought consultation!
As per my understanding you are suffering from some eye ailment for which you need stem cell treatment. It is advisable to follow the currently available treatment under an ophthalmologist. Stem cell therapy promises great results but are still under trial and FDA approval is still awaited . Discuss with your doctor for best options. Consult an ophthalmologist - Best Ophthalmologists in India. Hope our answer helps you.
Unlike monofocal and bifocal lenses, trifocal lenses also provide comfortable intermediate vision, which is important for various daily activities, such as computer work. With trifocal lenses, you can perform a range of activities in everyday life without glasses. This includes daily tasks such as: reading, working on computer and watching TV (examples given to suggest the distance). Kindly consult an ophthalmologist for further guidance and treatment, this page could help you out - Best Ophthalmologists in India. Hope our answer helps you.
Treatment of a medical condition depends on clinician decision and patient's condition at the time of presentation. You can re-evaluate and let ophthalmologist decide if surgical intervention can help. Coping up with vision loss due to retinal detachment is needed. Consult an expert using our page if you want to - Best Ophthalmologists in India. Hope our answer helps you.
Eye Cancer Treatment in IndiaWe all agree that eyes are not only one of the most important vital organs but are also important in the appearance of an individual as having beautiful eyes helps with our confidence. Maintaining the health of our eyes is hence very essential, but it has been more and more difficult due to pollution and malnutrition. As a result, the number of Eye cancer cases has been growing over the years, and I would like to provide you with all the information regarding eye cancer. Read on to find more about Eye Cancer Treatment In India.
15 Best Medical Tourism Companies in IndiaThis article is written with the sole aim to provide you with the information about the best medical tourism companies in India. Medical Tourism has seen a substantial change in the past few years. We want to resolve the main problem faced by the people, "Which medical tourism company should I choose?"
Glaucoma Surgery Cost in India- Best Hospitals & CostGlaucoma is an eye condition that damages the optic nerves. It commonly occurs because of the pressure buildup in the eyes. It may also worsen over time. In most cases, doctors recommend surgery for glaucoma treatment. Let's read ahead to know the treatment cost and best eye hospitals for glaucoma in India.
What is the eye transplant cost in India in 2022?Are you looking for a detailed guide covering all the eye transplant costs in India? Then you are at the right place. In this article, we will cover every expense related to eye transplantation and the factors that affect eye transplant costs in the major cities of India.
List of 25 Best Hospitals in The World 2022In this article, we will discuss the best hospitals in the world based on their facilities and services. Also, will discuss various factors that need to be considered while choosing a hospital for treatment. Here is a list of famous and the best hospitals globally for 2022.