Hip Replacement Doctors in India
Hip Replacement Surgery Hospitals in India
Hip Replacement Surgery questions asked by people
Relatively, the hip replacement surgery cost in India is inexpensive compared to other developed countries. Also, hip replacement surgery cost depends on the type of surgery required according to your medical condition and several other factors.
On this page, you will get to know the approximate price needful for various types of hip replacement surgeries, added cost affecting factors.
Partial Hip Replacement
$917 - $2140
Total Hip Replacement
$1834 - $3668
Cost in Top Cities
The hip replacement surgery cost is relatively less in India compared to other developed countries. Also, hip replacement surgery cost depends on the type of surgery required according to your medical condition and several other factors.
With the help of this page, you can estimate the approximate amount needed for various types of hip replacement surgeries after adding several cost-affecting factors and the best orthopedic hospitals in India.
Hip replacement surgery cost depends on the type of hip replacement. There are two main types of hip replacement, i.e., total hip replacement and partial hip replacement, which decide the cost of the surgery.
|Type Of Hip Replacement||Cost in Rupees||Cost in USD|
|Partial Hip Replacement||₹75,000 to ₹1,75,000||$917 to $2140|
|Total Hip Replacement||₹1,50,000 to ₹3,00,000||$1834 to $3668|
There is a significant difference between the cost of total hip replacement and partial hip replacement surgery. This is because, in total Hip Replacement surgery, both your ball and socket joint are replaced with artificial implants. Whereas, in partial hip replacement surgery, only the ball joint of your hip is replaced.
However, the hip joint replacement cost in India may vary depending upon several factors, which we have discussed below.
Know in detail the pre and post surgery costs in India so you can plan your finances better.
What is the additional cost of Hip replacement surgery?
If you need to get your hip replacement done, then your total cost would include pre-treatment and post-treatment costs such as medical tests, physiotherapy, medicines, etc.
A. Pre-Hip replacement Surgery costs:
|Pre-surgery tests and treatments||Cost Estimation in Rupees||Cost Estimation in USD|
|Health Checkup||₹500 to ₹2000||$7 to $25|
|Joint aspiration||₹200 to ₹2,000||$2.87 to $28.78|
|Arthrogram||₹9,000 to ₹15,000||$129 to $183.44|
|MRI Scan||₹2,000 to ₹17,000||$25 to $207|
|CAT scan||₹2,000 to ₹5,000||$25 to $61.15|
|Bone Densitometry test||₹1,500 to ₹7,000||$18.34 to $85.60|
The average hip replacement surgery cost in India ranges from ₹1,50,000 to ₹3,00,000 depending upon several factors like the type of implant, surgery approach, etc.
B. Post-Surgery Cost:
|Post-surgery treatments and medicine||Expenses|
|Physiotherapy||₹250 to ₹2,500 ($4 to $36) per session|
|Medicines||After surgery, the doctor will prescribe you some medicines.|
Physiotherapy might cost you between ₹250 to ₹2500 per session, depending upon the hospital and physiotherapist's skill and experience.
After the surgery, the doctor will prescribe many medicines that might be costly.
Call today and get free Consultation!
What are the factors that affect the cost of hip replacement in India?
- Type of hip replacement: Hip joint replacement cost in India also depends on the type of hip replacement.
- Type of material used for implant: Nowadays different types of hip implants are available at different costs. The doctor recommends the type of implant on the condition of the patients.
- Type of surgery Approach: Hip replacement cost also depends on the surgery approach. Robotic surgery costs more than minimally invasive and traditional surgery.
- The city you select: Hip replacement surgery cost depends upon the city where you want to get your operation done. Cities like Mumbai & Bangalore will cost you more than other cities.
- Skill and experience of the surgeon: Operation cost varies as per the surgeon’s experience & skills which increases the overall cost of the treatment. However, choosing the right surgeon is of the utmost importance taking into consideration the complexity of the surgery. Here is the list of Best Hip Replacement Surgeon in India for your reference.
- Hospital of your choice: If you are going for hip replacement in a premium hospital then obviously charges will go up as per the services offered.
Cost comparison with other developed countries
The hip replacement surgery cost in India is much economical when compared to other developed countries in the world.
Take a look at the Hip replacement surgery cost in other countries.
|Country||Cost in USD|
* These costs may vary depending upon the implant you choose, hospital charges, type of hip replacement, etc.
As you can figure out by yourself, hip replacement surgery in developed countries is very expensive and is not affordable for everyone. Whereas the hip joint replacement surgery cost in India is much affordable when you compare with other developed countries.
The cost of hip replacement in India is $4,000, whereas in the USA it is $30,000.
Thus, we can say that not only the hip replacement cost in India is less as compared to other countries but also the quality of treatments and services provided here are excellent.
You must be wondering, why the cost of hip replacement surgery in India is less?
Why is hip replacement surgery affordable in India?
- Currency: As we know that Indian Currency is lower than the USD, pounds, and euro, so obviously this makes a difference, and therefore the cost of hip replacement is also less than other countries.
- Standard of living: As compared to other developed countries, the standard of living in India is comparatively low. Therefore the medical treatment, accommodation, traveling, food, and other facilities are highly cost-effective.
- Doctors: Hip replacement surgeon in India charge less as compared to doctors in other countries. The number of doctors is high in India and the other reason is the value of the currency in India. The country is blessed with world-class experienced doctors offering treatments at low costs.
- Competition: As we know, India is the HUB for affordable healthcare in the world as the competition has been rising worldwide. Due to this, many private hospitals have made their brand in the healthcare field by providing quality treatment in affordable prices.
The well-experienced and recognized surgeons in India makes it the best place to get Hip Replacement Surgery. We have enlisted the best doctors from Mumbai. Also, you will be surprised to know that the Hip Replacement Surgery Cost in India is much more affordable than many other countries around the world.
Do you know?
Even Robotic surgery is an effective alternative in robotic hip replacement
It is like traditional hip replacement.
The surgeon removes damaged tissue in the hip and replaces it with an artificial joint. It is done with the robotic arm.
Disclaimer : The above rates are for reference purpose only and may vary based on different requirements. To know actual rates, please contact us.
Dr. Dilip Mehta - An Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Dilip Mehta is an Orthopedist with 15+years of experience.He is probably the only Indian who had been lucky enough to work with world's best shoulder surgeon Dr. Burkhart at SAOG, Texas USA. Dr. Dilip is awarded best joint replacement surgeon in Rajasthan, by innate healthcare awards
Dr. Sandeep Singh- A Joint Replacement Surgeon
Dr. Sandeep Singh is a leading orthopedic doctor in Bhubaneswar specializing in elective and trauma surgeries relating to joint replacement and sports injuries. He has a wealth of experience and is the surgeon of choice for most of his patients who come to him from all over Odisha.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the procedure of Hip Replacement Surgery?
What are the signs that signify the need of a Hip Replacement surgery?
What are the Hip Replacement complications?
What is the result after Hip Replacement Surgery?
What are the different types of Hip Replacement?
What activities are restricted after Hip Replacement Surgery?
What is Minimally Invasive Surgery?
What is the cost of Hip Replacement surgery in India?
How can Clinicspots help you?
Connect on WhatsApp and Video Consultation
Help With Medical Visa
Travel Guidelines & Stay
Questions & Answers on "Hip Replacement Surgery" (6)
What is the duration of pain inflicted after hip replacement surgery? Which medicines are prescribed to ease the pain?
Many patients have excellent pain control within 4 to 6 weeks following surgery. But the sensitivity of pain differs from patient to patient; hence the pain control duration may differ from patient to patient. There are many types of medication available to ease pain of a patient post surgery. But the selection of medication is a complex process, where many factors are considered before choosing a medication. Consult an orthopedic surgeon. Hope our answer helps you.
Dr. Babita Goel
Hi, Is it possible for a person with COPD to undergo Hip replacement surgery?
Patients with COPD represent a high percentage of risk groups, but COPD per say is not a contraindication for any surgery. It all depends on patient's general condition. Once the doctor gives fitness, surgery can be planned. Preoperative check-up of the respiratory system is necessary in order to prevent and avoid complications. The intraoperative care with respiratory and hemodynamic monitoring as well as postoperative care in the ICU will take of everything. Consult an orthopedic surgeon, physician for help. This page exposes you to relevant specialists - Orthopedic Physiotherapists in Mumbai. Hoping that you get required support, but do reach out to us whenever in need, also let us know if your city is different.
Dr. Babita Goel
Which is the best implant for Hip Arthroplasty for a 50-year-old person. What is the cost of it?
As per my understanding you want to know which types of implant is best for hip arthroplasty. There are mainly two types of surgeries. Total hip replacement (also called total hip arthroplasty), in which the damaged bone and cartilage is removed and replaced with prosthetic components. The other type of surgery is hemiarthroplasty, which involves replacing half of the hip joint hip resurfacing and hip replacement. The choice of implant depends on the type of surgery. Consult an orthopedic - Best Orthopedic Doctor in India, who will help you to decide on the type of surgery required by the patient, and also the implant. Hope our answer helps you.
Dr. Babita Goel
Which are the best hospitals for hip treatment in India?