The discovery of stem cells has been the most significant breakthrough in medical science for the last decade. It is so because stem cells can potentially treat several diseases that were incurable before like eczema, lupus, autism, cerebral palsy, psoriasis , multiple sclerosis, HIV, heart diseases , Crohn's disease , Thalassemia, vitiligo, leukemia, epilepsy, neuropathy, breast cancer, sickle cell disease, Parkinson's, acne scars, migraines, hepatitis, Ataxia, etc. Also, stem cell breast augmentation and stem cell dental implants are gaining popularity.
Hence, it is easy to understand why stem cell therapies are becoming popular daily. Stem cell therapy may sound promising, but one must be careful!
Due to the increasing trend of stem cell therapies, many unlicensed stem cell centers have risen. They claim to provide genuine stem cell therapy, but that might not be the case!
Hence, it is vital to verify the credibility of the stem cell provider. Therefore, we have curated a list of the best stem cell hospitals in the world. These hospitals are globally renowned for their services.
Therefore, you cannot go wrong with the mentioned hospitals here!
Best Stem Cell Therapy Hospitals in The US
America is among the leaders when it comes to medical science. They are continuously striving to seek new developments in medicine. So, when stem cell therapies were introduced, they were among the early adopters. As a result, America has established many facilities among the world's best stem cell therapy hospitals.
You can find them below!
1. Stem Cell Institute, Panama
- Stem Cell Institute is one of the best stem cell hospitals in the world. The facility is led by Dr. Neil Rordon, one of the best stem cell therapists in the world.
- The hospital was founded in 2005 and has been the leader in stem cell therapy.
- So far, they have performed over 25000 stem cell procedures.
They specialize in stem cell therapy for treating;
- Cerebral Palsy
- Heart Failure
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Spinal Cord Injury
- GIOSTAR is among the leading stem cell therapy providers in the world. Their facilities are spread across seven different locations around the globe.
- They have completed over 14000 stem cell therapies across the globe.
- They also have published over 200 reviewed medical journals in the field of Stem Cells.
- GIOSTAR has supported the development of the Stem Cell Research Program in the top American institutes such as the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) and the University of California Irvine (UCI).
3. Mayo Clinic
- Mayo Clinic is among the best stem cell transplant hospitals in the world. They have been performing stem cell transplants since 1963, making them one of the world's oldest stem cell therapy providers.
- They are the leaders in the innovation of stem cell transplants. They have completed over 11,750 stem cell transplants.
- Their facility is certified by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy.
- Accredited for performing unrelated donor transplants by the National Marrow Donor Program
4. OHSU Knight Cancer Institute
- OHSU is the first multi-specialty hospital in the US to get certified by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy.
- They were honored as the world's top 20 stem cell transplants by the Center for International Blood & Marrow Transplant Research.
- Dr. Richard Mariarz leads the facility among the world's top stem cell doctors.
- They have performed over 3,800 stem cell transplants, including 1800 allogeneic procedures in adults.
- They also specialize in pediatric stem cell transplants and have performed over 700 transplants.
Best Stem Cell Therapy Hospitals in the UK
The UK is one of Europe's preferred destinations for stem cell therapy. Their R&D facilities have attracted many leading stem cell specialists of the world to pursue their professional careers in the UK.
You can find the list of the best clinics in the UK to get stem cell therapy below:
5. ALGO Cells
- ALGO Cells is among the best orthopedic stem cell therapy hospitals in the world. Dr. Martyanas Juozaitas and Dr. Zbigniew M Kirkor lead the clinic and are regenerative medicine pioneers.
- They are the first to provide Regenexx stem cell therapy in the UK. This procedure uses the body's natural abilities to regenerate damaged areas without surgery.
- They specialize in treating the spine, elbows, hips, shoulders, and knees using stem cell therapy.
6. London Haematology
- London Haematology is the dedicated facility of the London Clinic to provide stem cell treatments.
- The facility is developed with the latest advancements to offer best-in-class stem cell treatments in the world.
- In one team, they have assembled the top stem cell doctors in the UK, Professor John Gribben, Dr. Michael Potter, Dr. Richard Kaczmarski, and Dr. Riaz Jan-Mohamed.
- They are experts in CAR-T Cell Therapy, the latest treatment to treat various forms of blood cancer.
7. Imperial Private Healthcare
- Imperial is among the best stem cell transplantation hospital in the UK.
- They are among the first hospitals worldwide to perform an allogeneic stem cell transplant using donor cells.
- They are the first to achieve a successful unrelated donor allogeneic bone marrow transplant.
- Imperial is among the best pediatric stem cell centers in the world.
- They specialize in providing post-treatment stem cell therapy to ensure a quick recovery process.
- They are the first in London to be fully accredited by the Joint Accreditation Committee-ISCT (Europe) & EBMT (JACIE).
Best Stem Cell Therapy Hospitals in India
India is among the most popular medical tourism destinations in the world. India is the early adopter of medical advancements. They have the best stem cell specialists. The cost of stem therapy is significantly lower when compared with other countries.
Below are some of the hospitals in India to get world-class stem cell therapy.
- Nanavati is among the best stem cell transplantation centers in the world.
- They have performed over 500 stem cell transplants. They also provided over 300 stem cell therapies to treat blood cancer with an 80% success rate.
- They have a dedicated stem cell unit for world-class peripheral stem cell harvesting, bone marrow processing, and stem cell preservation.
- They are also a licensed stem cell collection center for DATRI Blood Stem Cell Donor's Registry.
- You will find the top surgeons of stem cell therapy at Nanavati.
- RGCIRC is among the top stem cell therapy and transplant centers in Asia.
- Dr. Narendra Agrawal and Dr. Rayaz Ahmed, the top stem cell doctors in India, lead the facility.
- They are pioneers in providing combined stem cell therapies and cancer treatments.
- They have performed over 620 successful stem cell transplants.
- It is one of the few hospitals worldwide equipped with 11 HEPA-filtered units for stem cell transplants.
- Apollo is one of the world's most popular stem cell transplant centers.
- They have assembled a team of the best stem cell specialists in India. As a result, their treatments are sought by patients all over the globe.
- They have successfully performed over 1000 stem cell transplants.
- Their stem cell facility is developed with state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
- They are accredited by many international authorities, acknowledging them as among the world's top stem cell therapy centers.
Best Stem Cell Hospitals in Other Countries
There are many of the best stem cell therapy hospitals in the world in countries other than those mentioned above. These hospitals are well-reputed for their services and have provided stem cell therapy for decades.
You can find the list below:
11. SingHealth, Singapore
- SingHealth has been providing stem cell therapy since 1985.
- They have developed Asia's one of the largest stem cell transplant centers.
- So far, they have performed over 1300 stem cell transplants.
- SingHealth specializes in pediatric stem cell transplants.
- They were the first hospital to perform non-myeloablative allogeneic Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Transplant (PBSCT).
- They are also the first to perform PBSCT on a stage 4 neuroblastoma patient.
12. Medipol Global Hospital, Turkey
- Medipol is the largest private sector hospital in Turkey.
- It has the highest number of dedicated facilities among all of the private hospitals in Turkey.
- They have a specialized facility for pediatric stem cell transplants.
- The best stem cell therapists in the world lead the facility.
- JCI and several other International organizations accredit it.
13. American Hospital, Dubai
- American hospital is the only hospital in Dubai to provide autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplants.
- They specialize in the mobilization, collection, storage, and re-infusion of stem cells.
- Their stem cell transplantation facility is built at world-class standards.
- Julieta Osorio Zuluaga and Shabeeha K Rana, two of the leading stem cell doctors in the world, lead the facility.
- The hospital is an honorary member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network.
- JCI and CAP have accredited the facility.
14. Heidelberg Univesity Hospital, Germany
- Heidelberg University Hospital is one of Europe's largest stem cell transplantation centers.
- Professor Dr. Carsten Müller-Tidow, one of the best stem cell therapy doctors in the world, leads the facility.
- They specialize in providing stem cell therapy for rheumatological, hematological, and oncological conditions.
- They are the pioneers in Car-T Cell Therapy.
- They provide over 2700 patients with stem cell therapy and over 300 patients with stem cell transplants annually.
15. Samitivej Hospital, Thailand
- Samitivej Hospital is one of the most successful stem cell therapy hospitals in the world.
- Their survival rate for stem cell transplant is 96% which makes it one of the best stem cell transplant centers in the world.
- They have a dedicated facility for stem cell harvesting.
- Prof. Suradej Hongeng, one of the top stem cell doctors in the world, lead the facility.
Criteria for Choosing the Best Stem Cell Therapy Hospital
Stem Cell therapy is an emerging treatment. As a result, you can find several hospitals providing stem cell therapy. But, you might find it confusing to choose the right hospital.
If so, we are here to help!
You should keep the following points in mind for choosing a stem cell therapy hospital:
The top stem cell therapists practice at known hospitals. They are skillful in providing the best stem cell therapy in the world and are well appreciated for their services.
Source of Stem Cells:
Knowing the source of the stem cells used for treatment is also essential. We can determine the quality of the stem cells if the source is known.
Harvesting live stem cells from the bone marrow and fat tissue:
The stem cells harvested from the bone marrow and fat tissue are much more effective. So it is vital to extract stem cells from a healthy donor.
The best stem cell therapy hospitals in the world have the latest technologies. Therefore, it is a must for hospitals to perform the Image-guided procedure. Because only with this procedure is it possible to perform stem cell therapy precisely.
Patient reviews and success stories:
The best stem cell hospitals in the world are very well reputed for their services. Patients seek their treatment even from different locations. Such ideal hospitals have a high number of positive reviews from patients.
DISCLAIMERS: The information in the article is subject to change according to medical guidelines. This is neither an advertisement nor promotion for stem cells, rather important basic information for knowledge purposes.
Frequently Asked Questions
What diseases can be treated through stem cells?
Where will the cells be taken or sourced from?
Will stem cell therapy have any after effects?
Will there be medications and diet restrictions following stem cell therapy?
Is stem cell therapy permanent?
What precautions to take post stem cell therapy?
What’s the cost of stem cell therapy in India?
For whom is stem cell therapy recommended and beneficial?