- For a week after breast augmentation surgery - patients can:
- Do light walking – the same prevents clotting.
- Prepare light meals, take shower, and wash hair.
- Begin with stretching exercises after 5 days.
- After 2 to 3 weeks - patients can:
- Climb stairs
- Return back to work
- Do cycling on a stationary bike
- 4 to 5 weeks after surgery - patients can perform:
- Leg presses
- Squats (without weights)
- After 6-8 weeks - patients can:
- Swim and lift weights
- But can't directly hit the gyms
Exercising too soon can result in:
- Tightening of sutures
- Opening of incisions
- Muscle/nerve injury
- Implant displacement
- Implant rupture
- Can make the implants more asymmetric in shape
Therefore, you are advised to exercise going by the timeline given above, or whatever your surgeon suggests!
If you are at a stage where you are still deciding whether to opt for this surgery or not, or if you have undergone this surgery and have doubts, then we have listing pages on surgeons based in India and Turkey for your perusal.
You can also reach out to us for further assistance, take care!