Top 15 Orthopedics Surgeons in the World- Updated 2022
Today, most people suffer from back pain, joint pain, muscle pain, osteoporosis, and foot and ankle problems mainly due to age-related changes in the body, which create complications like orthopedic, musculoskeletal, and arthesis problems. According to a recent survey (2017-2022), musculoskeletal disorders affect around 1.71 billion people worldwide, causing 22.3 million orthopedic surgeries globally. The number of annual procedures is anticipated to increase at a 4.9% compound annual rate over the period, approaching 28.3 million, making this surgical procedure rise rapidly. If you're looking for the top orthopedic surgeon in the world, You've come to the right page!
Table of Contents :
- Best Orthopedic Surgeons in the U.S.A.
- Best Orthopedic Surgeon in India
- Orthopedics Surgeon in Turkey
- Orthopedic Surgeon in Spain
- Orthopedics Surgeon in Germany
- Orthopedics Surgeon in U.A.E.
- Orthopedics Surgeon in Austria
- Orthopedics Surgeon in Italy
- Orthopedics Surgeon in Mexico
- Orthopedics Surgeon in Israel
- How to choose the best Orthopaedics Surgeon in the World?
An orthopedic surgeon is a physician who deals with musculoskeletal problems and is specialized in treating bone joints and ligaments medical conditions.
An orthopedic surgeon mainly treats complications like joint replacement, fracture, arthroscopy, sports injury, tumors, and degenerative disorders from the base of the skull to the tips of toes by using surgical and non-surgical techniques.
Do not worry!
We'll be looking at the top orthopedics surgeons in the world, their specialties, and what makes them the best orthopedics surgeons in the world.
So if you're looking for a surgeon to treat your bone injury or facing issues related to orthopedic, check out this list!
Best Orthopedic Surgeons in the U.S.A.
1. Dr. Richard A. Berger, Rush University Medical Centre, Chicago, IL, U.S.A.
|Qualification:||MD, Fellowship at Rush University Medical Center|
|Specialization:||Minimally Invasive Hip and Knee Replacement|
Best Orthopedic Surgeon in India
2. Dr. S.K.S. Marya, Max Hospital, Gurgaon
|Qualification:||MBBS, MS, DNB|
- President Arthroplasty Society in Asia (2015-17)
- Chairman Knee Arthroplasty SICOT (International Society of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology)
- President India and SAARC: International Congress of Joint Reconstruction
- Permanent Board Member Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society
- Permanent Faculty A.O.D.N.B.M.D. Switzerland (AORECON)
- Member American Association of Hip & Knee Surgeons
- President Indian Orthopaedic Association (2013)
- President Indian Arthroplasty Association (2011-2012).
3. Dr. Sancheti K. H., Sancheti Institute for Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation, Pune
|Qualification:||Ph.D., FCPS, Diploma, MBBS|
|Specialization:||Arthroscopy and Joint Replacement surgery, Hip and Knee Replacement|
- D. Litt (Doctor of Letters) Degree by Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth 2013.
- Padma Bhushan 2003.
- In recognition of all these achievements, he was awarded Padmashri in 1991.
Orthopedics Surgeon in Turkey
4. Dr. Assoc. Prof. Sami Sökücu, Medical Park Florya Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
|Specialization:||Orthopedics and Traumatology|
- European Board of Orthopedics and Traumatology (EBOT) - 2014
- Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Association - 2014
- Orthopedic Trauma Branch - 2011
- Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology Education Council (TOTEK) - 2010
- Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology Association (TOTBİD) - 2007
- Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology Association (TOTDER) - 2005
- Turkish Tabipler Birliği İstanbul Branch - 2005
5. Dr.Mehmet Aydogan, Emsey Hospital, Istanbul Turkey
|Qualification:||Consultant, Graduation, Fellowship|
|Specialization:||Orthopedist, Orthopedic spine surgeon|
Orthopedic Surgeon in Spain
6. Dr. Luis María Terricabras Carol, Sant Joan de Déu Hospital, Spain, Barcelona
|Specializationpediatric:||Orthopedics and traumatology|
Dr. Luis Maria is part of several reputable organizations, pediatric including
- Academy of Medical Sciences of Catalonia and the Balearic Islands.
- Member of SECOT Founding member of the Study Group Children's Orthopedics (GETOI).
7. Dr.Joaquim Casañas,QS Teknon Medical Center, Carrer de Vilana, 12, 08022 Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain.
|Qualification:||Ph.D. in Medicine and Surgery|
|Specialization:||Orthopedist, Orthopedic surgeon|
- The Spanish Society of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology
- The Spanish Society for Surgery of the Hand
- The Spanish Association of Microsurgery
- The European Federation of Societies for Hand Therapy
- The European Wrist Arthroscopy Society
- The International Federation of Societies for Surgery of the Hand.
Orthopedics Surgeon in Germany
8. Prof. Dr. Clayton Kraft, Helios Hospital Krefeld, Germany
|Qualification:||Graduated, MD, Director of the Clinic for Orthopedic Surgery|
|Specialization:||Orthopedic surgeon, a specialist in sports medicine|
- German orthopedic and trauma society Member of the working group for osteosynthesis issues
- A.O.B.H.R.T.H.R. - Alumni Member of the DVO - Osteology German Society for Spinal Surgery (D.G.W.)
- Part of the International Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (DISMISS).
9. Dr.Sasсha Flohé, Solingen Municipal Hospital, Solingen, Germany
|Specialization:||Orthopedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon|
- Prof. Dr. Sasсha Flohé was a proactive member of the temporary council of the German Society of Traumatology. (2010-2012)
Orthopedics Surgeon in U.A.E.
10. Dr. Abraham Paul, Al Muhaisnah, United Arab Emirates
|Specialization:||Arthritis and Trauma of Extremities.|
Orthopedics Surgeon in Austria
11. Dr.Christian Gäbler, Confraternitaet Private Hospital, Vienna, Austria
|Specialization:||Specialist in traumatology, sports traumatology, and sports medicine.|
- The European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery, and Arthroscopy (ESSKA).
- The Society for Arthroscopy and Joint Surgery (A.G.A.)
- The Society for Orthopedic Traumatological Sports Medicine (GOTS).
- The Society of Orthopedics and Traumatology in Germany.
- The Society for Traumatology in Austria.
Orthopedics Surgeon in Italy
12. Dr.Roberto Bassani, Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Milan, Italy
|Qualification:||Ph.D., FCPS, Diploma, MBBS|
|Specialization:||Orthopedic spine surgeon|
- The Italian Society of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (S.I.O.T.)
- The Italian Society of Spine Surgery (G.I.S.)
- The European Association of Research Groups for Spinal Osteosynthesis (A.R.G.O.S.)
- The Scoliosis Research Society (S.R.S.)
- A.O. Spine International
- Eurospine (The Spine Society of Europe)
- The assistant of the editorial board of the European Spine Journal.
Orthopedics Surgeon in Mexico
13. Dr. Heber Avitia, at Hospital Velmar, Ensenada, Mexico
Orthopedics Surgeon in Israel
14. Dr.Ron Arbel, Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
|Qualification:||MD IN orthopedic surgery.|
- President of the Israel Society of Sports Medicine.
- Honorary Member of the Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA).
- Israeli representative at the European Federation of Sports Medicine Associations (EFSMA).
- Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS).
- Member of the Israel Orthopedic.
15. Dr. Joel Engel ,Assuta Hospital, Tel-Aviv, Israel
|Qualification:||MD Medicine - Medical School Zurich.|
|Specialization:||Orthopedic Surgeon, Hip Replacement Surgeon, and Knee Replacement Surgeon|
- The Israeli Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Japanese Hand Society
- British Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Orthopedic Trauma Association (OTA)
- European Society of Sports Traumatology Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy.
Now Let's see,
How to find the best orthopedic surgeon?
How to choose the best Orthopaedics Surgeon in the World?
Orthopedic surgeons are highly-skilled medical professionals trained to treat various orthopedic conditions, from sports injuries to hip fractures.
Before choosing orthopedics, we need to keep the following points in mind.
- Referrals: It is crucial to refer to family, friends, and health professionals before consulting.
- Research: it is better to find whether the doctor has the necessary training, skills, and experience to provide orthopedic care or not.
- Experience: It is better to go for the most experienced doctors for better results.
- Hospital: quality matters as patients at top-rated hospitals have fewer complications and better survival rates.
- Patient review: It is typically about the patient's experience, which builds trust before appointing the doctor.
So what are you thinking?
Frequently Asked Questions
Question and Answers (235)
Hello sir, my mother is having severe knee joint pain. She can't walk properly, cant stand for long time. In x ray there is gap between bones. In bhopal mp dr told for surgery. Should I go for it Or it may cure by non surgical procedure
I am having neck pain for 1 year 6 months now...i did every scans i did MRI , CT and even XRay found nothing....I did physiotherapy and even excercise for 3 months .... But still there is pain
Sir I have scoliosis for past 7years is scoliosis surgery safe to do it
I am suffering with lower back pain with disc bulge at l5-s1 level..every doctor is suggesti g for surgery. But i am confused with different procedures microdiscectomy endoscopic with matrex, key hole . In confusion with all these procedures . Plz guide me with the details of all these kinds and which one is best for me
Sir meri age 26 years hai I have shoulder pain neck pain and back pain. Sir ye problems 7 to 8 years se ho rhi h. Eske liye mai altrasound and MRI jach bhi karwaya likin sb normal hi dikha hai Dard kuchh jyada kam karne se suru ho jata hai phir kuchh Dino tk jyada tej dard rhta hai phir dhire dhire automatic thik ho jata h
What is the knee replacement surgery cost in India?Comparatively the knee replacement surgery cost in India is affordable than other developed countries. On this page, you will get to know the estimated amount required for different types of knee replacement surgeries, additional cost determining factors.
What is the Hip Replacement Surgery Cost in India?Relatively, the hip replacement surgery cost in India is inexpensive compared to other developed countries. Also, hip replacement surgery cost depends on the type of surgery required according to your medical condition and several other factors. On this page, you will get to know the approximate price needful for various types of hip replacement surgeries, added cost affecting factors.
10 Best Knee Replacement Hospital in IndiaKnee replacement is a huge relief to many people suffering from various disorders of knees that bring immense pain and affects day to day life severely. On this page, you will find some of the best knee replacement hospital in India that are fully equipped to perform this procedure due to the latest tools, implants, and infrastructure.
10 Best Knee Replacement Surgeon in IndiaIf you are in search of the best knee replacement surgeon in India, then you have landed on the right page. Knee replacement also known as knee arthroplasty is a surgical process performed to relieve the pain and disability in the knee. In India, knee replacement surgery is performed by the best doctors in the best hospitals which match the International standards of treatment. Also, knee replacement surgeons are skilled and qualified to perform complex knee surgeries using the most modern treatment and surgical methods.
10 Best Hip Replacement Surgeon in IndiaIf you are looking for the best hip replacement surgeon in India, then you have landed on the right page. In India, you can find the best and experienced hip replacement surgeons with a very high success rate. These doctors are associated with renowned hospitals having international standards when it comes to providing the best treatment to the patients.
10 Best Orthopedic Doctor in IndiaIf you are searching for the best orthopedic doctor in India then you have landed on the right page. An orthopaedist is a doctor who ensures the correction of congenital or functional abnormalities of the bones. The correction involves casting, bracing or surgery. Moreover, an orthopaedist also treats sports injuries and other bone injuries.
15 Best Medical Tourism Companies in IndiaThis article is written with the sole aim to provide you with the information about the best medical tourism companies in India. Medical Tourism has seen a substantial change in the past few years. We want to resolve the main problem faced by the people, "Which medical tourism company should I choose?"