In India, brain tumors are the second most common cancer among children and young adults, overshadowed only by leukemia. The annual incidence stands at 25 to 30 cases per 100,000, translating to 250,000-300,000 new diagnoses annually. This marks a critical healthcare concern, and our focus is on unveiling advanced treatments and compassionate care tailored for these challenging cases.
India is a top choice for Brain Tumor Treatment. Skilled doctors, advanced tech, and cost-effective care make it stand out. With a commitment to innovation and warm hospitality, India ensures comprehensive and top-notch treatment
Best Doctor for Brain Tumors in India
There are several highly skilled and experienced doctors in India who specialize in the treatment of brain tumors. Here is the list of the best doctor for brain tumors in India.
Take the first step to recovery. Get in touch with us for your treatment.
Let’s explore city-wise doctors!
Best doctors for brain tumors in Delhi
Dr. V. K. Jain
- Dr. V.K. is a President of the UP Neuroscience Association and Neurotrauma Society of India.
- He is an active member of the Neurological Society of India, the Epilepsy Society of India, and the Indian Society of Cerebrovascular Surgery.
- He has many scientific publications in National & International journals and books.
- View More
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Dua
- Dr. Dua has more than 45 years of experience in this field.
- His particular area of interest is minimally invasive neuro & spine surgeries & Neuro critical care.
- He received Rahul Gandhi Ekta Award in the year 2011.
- View More
Click here to get more brain tumor treatment doctors in Delhi.
Best Doctors for Brain Tumors in Mumbai
Dr. Suresh Sankla
- Dr. Suresh has an experience of 40 years in this field.
- He is a member of the Skull Base Surgery Society of India, the Neurological Society of India, the Indian Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery, Indian Society of Neuro-Oncology (ISNO).
- He received Sydney Driscoll Award (U.K.) in 1994.
- View More
Dr. Mahesh Chaudhari
- Dr. Mahesh is a prominent neurosurgeon who has worked in Mumbai and Japan for over 40 years.
- He is an active member of the Maharastra Medical Council
- And the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- He Was a part of the International Conference on Complications in Neurosurgery in 2017.
- View More
Click here to get more brain tumor treatment doctors in Mumbai.
Best Doctors for Brain Tumors in Bangalore
Dr. Deshpande V Rajakumar
- Dr. Rajakumar is the best neurosurgeon with more than 41 years of experience.
- He has helped to develop the Cadaver Laboratory at the Harper Hospital.
- He has presented and published papers on the issue at the International Congress of Skull Base in San Diego.
Dr. Ganesh K Murthy
- Dr. Ganesh Expert in performing Endoscope assisted surgery and computer navigated surge Adept in the treatment of tumors.
- He has more than 33 years of experience in this field.
- He is an active member of the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- View More
Click here to get more brain tumor treatment doctors in Bangalore.
Best doctors for brain tumors in Chennai
Dr. Siddhartha Ghosh
- Dr. Siddhartha has an experience of more than 42 years in this field.
- He was awarded the Best Doctor Award, by MGR Medical University in the year in 2012.
- He is a member of the Indian Medical Association (IMA) and a Member of the Neurological Society of India.
- View More
- Dr. Chendilnathan has an overall experience of more than 37 years.
- He is an active member of the Indian Medical Association (IMA).
- He is currently practicing at Apollo Cancer Centres Chennai as a neurosurgeon.
- View More
Click here to get more brain tumor treatment doctors in Chennai.
Best Brain Tumor Hospitals in India
There are several excellent hospitals in India that are known for their expertise in brain tumor treatment. Here are some of them!
Let’s see the best brain tumor hospitals in India city-wise!
Best Brain Tumor Hospitals in Delhi
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital
- The hospital was Established in 1996, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is NABL and JCI accredited.
- It was also named the 6th best private hospital in India for cardiology by The Week in A C Nielsen's Best Hospital Survey 2013.
- It was the first hospital in India to perform a Paediatric Liver Transplant in 1998.
- View More
BLK Super Specialty Hospital
- In 1959, Dr. B.L. Kapur founded the BLK Super Specialty Hospital. Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru, India's then-prime minister, inaugurated it.
- It is the first of its kind in the NCR region to build and begin using an automated pneumatic chute system that improves health care.
- It is a super-specialty hospital having 17 modern well-equipped modular operation theatres and houses 650 beds.
- View More
Best Brain Tumor Hospitals in Mumbai
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital
- Reliance Group launched Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, one of the most advanced and cutting-edge multi-specialty tertiary care hospitals, in 2008.
- In Kokilaben hospital, about 6300 difficult cancer procedures have been conducted with outstanding results.
- The hospital is the first in India to have a 3-room Intra-operative MRI Suite (IMRIS)
- View More
- Jaslok Hospital was founded in 1970 and is one of the country's oldest tertiary care, multi-specialty hospitals.
- It is the first hospital in South Asia to do MR-guided ultrasound procedures on the liver, brain, kidney, thyroid, epilepsy, prostate, pancreas, and uterine fibroids.
- The hospital has ranked 2nd in Mumbai and in the West Zone and 6th in India in the recent health survey.
- View More
Best Brain Tumor Hospital in Bangalore
- Fortis Hospital is a multi-specialty hospital that was established in the year 2006.
- Medical Travel and Tourism Quality Alliance (MTQUA) rank it third among the top hospitals in the world and first in India for Medical Tourism.
- There are 150 skilled experts and 1500 skilled paramedics on staff.
- View More
- Manipal Hospital, founded in 1991, is India's third-biggest hospital network.
- It is a multi-specialty hospital that offers more than 60 specialties under one roof.
- The Week Magazine has named it the Best Hospital in Bangalore for the previous eight years.
- View More
Best Brain Tumor Hospital in Chennai
Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
- The hospital was established in 1983, and it is one of the best heart hospitals in India.
- The Joint Commission International USA accredited the first hospital in South India and has since been reaccredited four times.
- In this hospital, major specialties include Heart, Cancer, Bones, Joints & Spine, Organ Transplants, and Neurology.
- View More
Fortis Malar Hospital, Chennai
- Fortis Malar was established in the year 1992.
- It specializes in cutting-edge medical technology and dedicated patient care service.
- offers comprehensive medical care in more than 40 specialties such as cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, nephrology, etc.
- View More
Want to inquire about personalized treatment expenses? Don't hesitate. Talk to us today.
Also, government hospitals in India such as Jayanagar Hospital offer brain tumor treatment.
What to know about the cost before finalizing your budget?
Below is the detailed structure of Brain tumor treatment costs in India!
Brain Tumor Treatment Cost in India
In India, the cost of brain tumor treatment varies depending on the type of treatment and the hospital. Brain surgery cost in India can range from INR 2,00,000 to INR 5,00,000. Radiation therapy can cost around INR 1,20,000 to INR 2,00,000. Chemotherapy, on the other hand, can cost anywhere between INR 20,000 to INR 2,00,000 per cycle. However, there are also government hospitals and NGOs that offer free or subsidized treatment for brain tumors.
Are you wondering why the costs are different?
Let us clear up the confusion!
Factors Affecting Brain Tumor Surgery Cost in India
A variety of factors might influence the brain tumor surgery cost in India. Here are some important considerations:
- Hospital: The reputation, infrastructure, and facilities of the medical facility impact costs.
- Surgeon's Expertise: The neurosurgeon's abilities, credentials, and experience influence the operation cost.
- Tumor Type and Complexity: The kind, size, and location of the brain tumor affect the operation's difficulty and resource requirements, impacting costs.
- Tests: Preoperative testing (MRI, CT scans, lab tests) is crucial for diagnosis and planning, contributing to the overall cost.
- Techniques Used: The chosen surgical strategy (open, minimally invasive, endoscopic) may influence costs due to differing requirements and expertise.
- Post-operative Care: Evaluation includes expenses for drugs, follow-up consultations, rehabilitation, and supportive care. A comprehensive approach ensures accurate assessment of Brain Tumor Treatment expenses in India.
Don’t forget to discuss with the insurance provider about insurance policies for Brain tumor treatment in India!
Does Insurance Cover Brain Tumor Operation Cost in India?
Yes, depending on the terms and restrictions of the individual insurance plan, most health insurance policies in India cover the treatment of brain tumors. The coverage may differ based on the insurance provider, the kind of policy, and the policy conditions.
Surgical treatments, hospitalization, diagnostic testing, drugs, and follow-up consultations may all be covered by insurance for brain tumor therapy. It is critical to thoroughly check your insurance policy and understand the scope of coverage, including any applicable restrictions, deductibles, or co-payments.
Ok, are you worried about the cost?
Let’s see what are the options to get free or low-cost brain tumor treatment in India!
Is There Any Free Brain Tumor Treatment Available in India?
In India, government efforts and plans strive to offer qualified persons free or subsidized healthcare treatments, including treatment for brain tumors.
Here are a couple of such examples:
- Pradhan Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY (Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana): This national health insurance program covers hospitalization and treatment costs, including brain tumor procedures.
- State-specific health insurance programs: Some Indian states have their own health insurance programs that provide free or subsidized healthcare services, including brain tumor treatment. Aarogyasri in Telangana and the Karunya Health Scheme in Kerala are two examples.
- Regional Cancer Centres (RCCs): RCCs, such as the Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai and the Regional Cancer Centre in Thiruvananthapuram, provide specialized cancer care, including brain tumor therapy, to qualified patients at no or reduced cost.
Your well-being is our priority - call us to book your appointment today
Now let’s discuss,
Types of Brain Tumor Treatment in India
- Surgical removal of the tumor is a primary treatment for many brain tumors.
- It involves removing the tumor and surrounding tissue with the goal of achieving maximum tumor excision while maintaining brain function.
- It is used to treat tumors like Gliomas, Meningiomas, Pituitary adenomas, Medulloblastomas, and Craniopharyngiomas.
- Cost: $2,318 to $5,491
Are you afraid of surgeries?
Don’t worry there is Brain tumor treatment without surgery in India!
Brain tumor treatment without surgery in India
Radiation therapy, such as external beam radiation or stereotactic radiosurgery, uses high-energy X-rays or gamma rays to target and destroy tumor cells.
It is used for the treatment of tumors like Gliomas, Meningiomas, and Medulloblastomas.
|$5,797 to $13,426
Chemotherapy is the employment of medications to either kill or inhibit the development of cancer cells.
It can be taken orally, intravenously, or injected directly into the cerebrospinal fluid.
It is used to treat tumors like Prolactinomas, and Acromegaly and Gigantism.
|$8478 per month
|Immunotherapy attempts to activate the immune system of the body to recognize and eliminate cancer cells.
|$1,586 to $5,249
|Hormonal treatment may be used to treat certain types of brain tumors that are affected by hormone production, such as pituitary adenomas.
|$18,307 to $48,818
Knowing the success rate of any treatment is most important.
So, let’s discuss!
Success Rate of Brain Tumor Treatment in India
A serious brain or CNS tumor has a 5-year relative survival rate of around 36%. The 10-year survival rate is greater than 30%. The chances of surviving a brain tumor depend on a number of factors including the type and stage of the tumor, the specific treatment approach used, the expertise of the medical team, and the overall health of the patient. It's important to note that each case is unique, and success rates can vary significantly.
Survival rates vary significantly depending on the type of brain tumor:
- Benign tumors: These have excellent prognosis with complete removal often leading to cure.
- Low-grade malignant tumors: These have better survival rates than high-grade tumors, with 5-year survival rates reaching up to 70% for some types.
- High-grade malignant tumors: These, like glioblastoma multiforme (GBM), have the poorest prognosis, with 5-year survival rates around 5-10%.
Let us know why India is the best choice for brain tumor treatment!
Why Choose Brain Tumor Treatment in India?
- World-class medical expertise: India is home to highly qualified neurosurgeons and specialized medical teams that have treated brain tumors for many years.
- Modern technology and infrastructure: Indian hospitals have cutting-edge facilities and modern surgical procedures for treating brain tumors.
- Cost-effective: Brain tumor treatment in India can be more economical than in many other nations, providing cost-effective solutions without sacrificing quality.
- Multidisciplinary approach: Indian healthcare institutes use a multidisciplinary strategy to provide complete care for brain tumor patients, bringing together multiple specialists.
- International standards of care: Many hospitals in India follow international standards and practices, assuring quality care and safety for brain tumor patients.
- Holistic care and support: To meet the physical and emotional needs of patients and their families, Indian hospitals frequently provide holistic support services such as counseling, rehabilitation, and palliative care.
- Infrastructure for medical tourism: India has a well-developed medical tourism business that provides specialized packages and support to overseas patients seeking brain tumor treatment.
Finally, convinced to go to India for brain tumor surgery?
Great but wait!
Do not forget about these things to help you prepare for your treatment journey!
Things to Consider When Going for Brain Tumor Treatment in India
Here are some important factors to consider when going for brain tumor treatment in India:
- Hospital accreditation and reputation.
- Expertise and experience of the medical team.
- Availability of advanced technology and infrastructure.
- Range of treatment options and multidisciplinary approach.
- Cost and affordability of treatment.
- Accessibility and location of the hospital.
- Quality of postoperative care and rehabilitation facilities.
- Language proficiency and communication with healthcare professionals.
- Support services for international patients.
- Consultation and second opinion from trusted healthcare professionals.
To make an informed decision regarding brain tumor treatment in India, it is essential to perform extensive research, acquire information, and talk with healthcare specialists. brain tumor treatment in India.
Take charge of your health and your life. Contact us today!
1. Is brain tumor treatment in India safe?
Ans: Yes, in general, brain tumor therapy in India is safe. There are various prominent hospitals and healthcare facilities in India that adhere to worldwide standards of care and employ highly experienced medical experts that specialize in brain tumor therapy.
2. What does the brain tumor surgery package in India include?
Ans: Here are some pointers on what a brain tumor surgery package in India may typically include:
- Pre-operative evaluation
- Surgical procedure
- Surgeon and medical team fees
- Post-operative care
- Follow-up visits
3. How long is recovery after tumor removal?
Ans: How long does it take to recuperate from tumor removal?
Most patients are quite active following surgery, resume their typical activities within a few days, and commonly return to work four to six weeks later.
4. Are there any post-treatment rehabilitation programs available for brain tumor patients in India?
Ans: Yes, many hospitals in India provide post-treatment rehabilitation programs such as physiotherapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, and counseling services to help brain tumor patients recover and enhance their quality of life.