Mentioned below is the list of body contouring techniques that we possess awareness regarding, you may read them and discuss such things with doctor:
This surgery aims to flatten the stomach when diet, exercise, and weight loss have not done enough.
Requires your surgeon to make a huge cut alongside your naval that starts from hipbone and returns to it. Same allows the surgeon to manipulate your skin, tissues, and muscles, along with repairing weakened abdominal muscles.
In some cases, the surgeon might make a second cut to remove excess skin from the upper abdomen.
Cost (rough estimate subject to variations based on - area covered, technique, clinic, experience, or location): Rs. 1,20,000 to Rs. 1,90,000.
Liposuction V/S Liposculpture:
- Liposuction: reduces fat cells in those areas of your body which don't respond to exercise/diet, but your overall body should be fit.
Cost (rough estimate subject to variations based on - area covered, clinic, experience, technique, or location): Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 1,50,000.
- Liposculpture: surgery will remove and transfer fat to the required places so that you can attain the desired body shape. If your overall weight is moderate but certain parts of your body have more mass, then you may be looking at the right surgery.
Cost (rough estimate subject to variations based on - area covered, technique, clinic, experience, or location): May start at Rs. 2,25,000.
- In both surgeries, resulting changes are generally permanent — provided that your weight remains stable.
- There are three techniques for tumescent liposculpture:
- Power-backed liposculpture (PAL): Uses a vibrating device to split fats and remove them effortlessly.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposculpture (UAL): Melts fat with ultrasonic energy by using a handheld device. This makes it easier to remove large amounts of fat, but takes longer.
- Laser-backed liposculpture: Uses low-energy laser rays to melt fat. This procedure is also more time-consuming.
The kind of technique used will be decided based on multiple factors such as, the area being treated and the amount of fat to be removed. Your doctor will tell you which technique is best during a consultation.
Body contouring/sculpting techniques: For all these surgeries, you should be fit overall, they only target sagging/loosend skin which can result from either dramatic weight loss, or aging.
Cost (rough estimate subject to variations based on - area covered, technique, clinic, experience, or location): May start at Rs. 50,000.
- Breast lift: This surgery targets sagging breasts, and makes them perkier, firmer and aesthetically pleasing.
- Arm lift: If your weight and BMI is perfect but if you have saggy arms, elastic skin and loose muscles, then this will help. Excess fat will be removed from unwanted place and transferred to those where loose skin is present, to achieve more toned look.
- Butt lift: If there is excess fat, then it will be removed and transferred to your buttock such that it attains a better shape. It neither intends to increase the volume of your butts, nor does it eliminates fat, this is often done in addition to liposuction.
- Lower body lift: Targets sagging areas below your waistline.
For all surgeries mentioned above, following things are common:
- Common side effects include: Pain, bruising, and swelling.
- Possible risks include:
- Loose, uneven or bumpy skin.
- Permanent spotted skin resulting from the damage of thin tube (cannula).
- Temporary pockets of accumulated fluid which may need to be drained using a needle.
- Temporary/permanent numbness caused by nerve irritation.
- Skin infections, damage of internal organ, kidney and heart problems.
- Fat embolism where fats get trapped in blood vessel, same qualifies as a medical emergency.
- Bad reaction to anesthesia.
- You will receive either of the following depending on the area covered and sessions/duration of hours predicted for each session:
- Local anesthesia,
- Oral sedation,
- General anesthesia,
- Intravenous sedation.
- An ideal candidate is someone who has:
- good skin elasticity,
- no smoking history,
- skin free of sun damage,
- ideal weight and BMI under 30,
- strong muscles and no sagging skin
- Word of caution:
Avoid or discuss these medications with your doctor: Aspirin, anti-inflammatory prescriptions and herbal complements.
Please visit this page to find specialists who can consult you and provide affordable services - Plastic Surgeons in India.