Dental Braces Cost in India- Know more about different braces and their costs
If you are worried about how much teeth correction might cost you in India, we have got you covered. Here is a detailed guide about the overall dental braces cost in India.
The cost of dental braces in India ranges from INR 20,000 to INR 80,000. The average teeth braces cost in India braces would cost around INR 35000. But this cost depends on certain factors including doctors' expertise and the type of braces you choose, plus it can vary from patient to patient. However, the dental braces cost in India is much more affordable compared to other countries.
We all wish to look beautiful when we smile, but what if teeth misalignment comes our way? No worries, the option of dental braces is available to correct your mal-positioned jaws and teeth and misaligned patterns in your tooth.
Types of dental braces and their cost:
There are the following types of dental braces:
|No.||Types of Dental Braces||Dental Braces Cost Range In India|
|1.||Ceramic braces||Rs. 30,000-55,000|
|2.||Metallic Braces||Rs. 25,000-45,000|
|3.||Invisalign or Invisible Braces||Rs. 10000-280000|
|4.||Lingual or Incognito Braces||Rs. 72,000-190,000|
● Metal braces: These are traditional braces whose brackets are made of metals and are attached to wires.
● Ceramic braces: They are expensive compared to metal braces and are less noticeable. Ceramic braces are made of tooth-colored ceramic material that is attached to wires.
The metal and ceramic braces are also called self ligating braces. They are small brackets attached to wires. The self-ligating braces cost in India is around Rs. 35,000-45,000 INR.
● Lingual or Incognito braces: These braces are attached behind the person's teeth. The lingual braces cost in India are also high compared to metal and ceramic braces but they cost less than Invisalign braces.
● Invisalign or invisible braces: Unlike all other types, Invisalign braces do not have brackets attached to wires. They are a series of 15-30 custom-made hard plastic aligners fitted together in the person's tooth. The teeth aligners cost in India or transparent braces price in India are the most expensive of all the other types.
The cost of these braces may vary depending on certain factors. For example, the ceramic braces cost in India is high while the metal braces cost in India is comparatively low. Here is an approximate range of braces for teeth price list in India:
Dental braces cost in major cities of India:
The teeth braces price in India can fluctuate from city to city. Here is the cost comparison of dental braces in major cities of India. However, the cost can change or fluctuate from time to time.
|Cities In India||Dental Braces Cost Range|
|Mumbai||Rs. 18000-150,000 INR|
|Bangalore||Rs. 15000 - 150000 INR|
|Delhi||Rs. 5000 - 150000 INR|
|Hyderabad||Rs. 18000 - 180000 INR|
|Chennai||Rs. 20000 - 400000 INR|
|Ahmedabad||Rs. 27000 - 45000 INR|
|Kolkata||Rs. 5000 - 150000 INR|
|Lucknow||Rs. 35000 - 60000 INR|
|Pune||Rs. 10000 - 150000 INR|
For your convenience, we've included a cost comparison of Dental braces in India and other countries below.
|Countries||Dental Braces Cost Comparison|
|India||$329 - 3,685 USD|
|USA||$3,000 - 7,400 USD|
|UK||$1,967 - 13,115 USD|
|Canada||$2,396 - 7,987 USD|
Factors that affect dental braces cost in India:
Dental braces costs in India can vary depending on certain factors. The factors that majorly affect dental braces prices in India are:
1. Type of braces: As we discussed above there are four types of braces, each having its own cost. Out of which invisible braces cost in India are the costliest among all others, the lingual braces price in India is the 2nd highest. Hence, the type of braces you have chosen plays the foremost role in determining the cost of your overall treatment.
2. The number of appointments: The patient's oral condition may determine the number of dental visits or the number of appointments they are going to have during their treatment.
At your first visit, your doctor may give an estimate of the overall cost and the number of dental visits required. But the cost and number of visits can fluctuate depending on your oral condition during and after treatment.
Hence, the number of appointments depending on the patient's condition is the second important factor that contributes to the overall dental braces cost in India.
3. Dentist experience and expertise: The more qualified and experienced the dentist is, the higher they can charge for their services.
4. Type of equipment used and treatment technique: The treatment technique and the type of equipment the doctor uses during your dental braces procedure can also affect the overall dental braces cost in India.
5. Location of clinic or type of hospital: The charges of big hospitals or clinic setups located in posh localities charge higher as compared to smaller clinics. But this factor can vary depending on the expertise and experience of dentists.
6. Post-treatment maintenance and medications: The post-procedure maintenance cost and medication cost may vary from patient to patient and can fluctuate depending on the patient's condition and needs.
7. Insurance: If the patient's dental cost is being covered by insurance, their braces cost with insurance in India will vary.
Post-Treatment Care For Dental Braces:
Before getting your dental braces, clean your teeth and mouth thoroughly.
After you are done getting your dental braces, here are some post-treatment care to follow:
● Avoid chewing hard foods for a few weeks because it might damage your braces and cause the treatment to take longer
● Avoid eating sticky foods
● Avoid crunchy and chewy foods till a few weeks after your treatment.
● Brush and floss your teeth regularly. If you don't take care of proper teeth cleaning, you may require frequent dental visits after your braces
● Rinse your mouth with warm salt water regularly for a few days after your treatment to heal your mouth's soreness
Best dental clinics in India for dental braces:
Some of the best dental hospitals in India for dental braces offering high-quality orthodontics treatment are listed below:
● DENTAFIX Multispecialty Dental Clinic
● Stunning Dentistry
● FMS Dental Hospitals
● Sparks Dental Centre
● Thaper Dental Clinic
1. How long do braces usually stay on teeth?
- Adults are particularly concerned about how long they must wear braces
- An orthodontic treatment typically lasts 24 months to finish
- Before their teeth break into the proper position, some individuals need less than a year of therapy, while others need up to three years
- If there are patients, who need to replace their teeth or need many corrections on their teeth, then it requires a time span of almost five years
2. How long do you wear a retainer after braces?
- While your tissue catches up, a set of retainers will hold your teeth in place
- For the first three to six months, it's crucial to wear your retainers constantly
- You'll need to wear your retainers every night for the rest of your life if you want to keep your teeth aligned for life
- If you stop using your retainer, your teeth will eventually shift back to their previous position, although at a slower and slower rate
- Your teeth will desire to fall back into their previous position even after the bones and ligaments that surround them shift
3. How do you know if you need braces?
The following signs may suggest that you require braces:
- Visible crooked or crowded teeth
- Facing trouble in cleaning in and around crooked teeth with floss
- Tendency for biting your tongue or cutting it against your teeth
- While your mouth is at rest, your teeth don't fully seal over one another
- The location of your tongue in relation to your teeth makes it harder to pronounce some sounds
- When you initially wake up or chew, your jaws may click or produce noises
- You may also feel stressed or tired after eating
4. What is a good age for my child to get braces?
- Children with orthodontic issues can benefit from treatment at almost any age
- There is no age criteria if you want to get your braces done
- But, in case if you are getting it done it is best to get it done at the age of 10 to 14
- As in this age your mouth and head are still developing and the teeth are more responsive to straightening
- If you are an adult and you are planning to get your braces you are free to get it at any time whenever you wish to
Question and Answers (112)
The short answer is “no” but the long answer is “sort of.” Here’s why:
The earliest stage of tooth decay or a cavity is demineralized enamel. The outer layer of enamel becomes weak and soft, due to acids and plaque biofilm coming into contact with it on an extended basis.
Fortunately, demineralized enamel can — to an extent — be remineralized before a physical cavity (hole) ruptures through the surface.
What are some ways to help this happen?
- Improved hygiene and plaque removal on an everyday basis
- Protective dental sealants over deep grooves and fissures, which are someof the most cavity-prone surfaces
- Drinking fluoridated tap water throughout the day
- Supplementation with a prescription strength fluoride or mouthrinse, providedby your dentist
- Use of everyday oral hygiene products that contain fluoride
- Eating more fresh fruits and vegetables, sharp cheddar cheese, and fewerprocessed carbohydrates
- Eliminating acidic beverages and those that contain natural or artificial-sweeteners
The types of cells that make up your teeth do not re-grow or repair themselves after the tooth is fully developed.
Once a tooth has a physical cavity (opening or hole) inside of it, there is no feasible way to help the enamel grow back on your own. Instead, the cavity will gradually worsen, due to the bacterial infection inside of the tooth structure.
Ideally, you would want to treat the cavity as soon as it’s diagnosed and while it’s as small as possible. When you do, your dentist can place a minimally invasive filling and preserve as much healthy tooth structure as possible.
But untreated cavities will expand to the point that they require larger fillings. Or worse, they will reach into the nerve chamber and create an abscess. What could have initially been treated with a modest restoration now becomes a situation requiring a root canal and a crown
15 Best Medical Tourism Companies in IndiaThis article is written with the sole aim to provide you with the information about the best medical tourism companies in India. Medical Tourism has seen a substantial change in the past few years. We want to resolve the main problem faced by the people, "Which medical tourism company should I choose?"