When physiotherapy is not the only option left...
Here are all the things you should know before getting a knee replacement in India
Knee being the largest joint and the busiest in its own function often becomes problematic in its working course which can bother you in your daily chores & on prolongation, it can be very painful, where even medication, home remedies, exercises everything seems to be a mere fail, and you may have become the victim of the demon “osteoarthritis”.
Naturally, it’s a haunting situation where you can also injure other parts of the body where you can develop the conditions like lower backache, lumbar spasm, etc. in trying to release some pressure from your knee.
But don’t worry there are solutions to this problem which can cure it completely either by medication & exercise or by surgery. And nowadays, surgeries have become very efficient after the discovery of new technology of Minimal invasive technique, which has made this condition highly curable & this technique is not used by many countries but still, you can be treated via this technique in the countries like the USA, UK, India & some more but when it comes to affordability then knee replacement surgery cost in India is highly affordable – having been fully completed in between 2,00,000 to 3,50,000 is quite worthy & also when you opt for knee replacement in India, you can get plenty of options in terms of knee replacement surgeons, hospitals & facilities.
So before going further into the details of the treatment, you first need to know about the different signs you will get in different conditions & what may have happened to your knee with stages & who needs surgery?
So here are the various stages of your knee condition with some general treatment generally used by the doctors –
- Stage 0: In this stage your bone health is normal & it is considered in the safe arena on the scale of healthiness.
- Stage 1: Under this stage, we can find the minor bone spur growth towards the knee joint, although you won’t experience any pain & discomfort and it can be cured by medication supplements like glucosamine & chondroitin and routine exercises. This will reduce the progression of arthritis.
- Stage 2: This stage is considered as the mild stage of osteoarthritis & we can find the greater bone spur growth but the cartilage is usually at a healthy size & the bones are still at a proper distance but the symptoms will start to show up in this stage like pain in the knee after long walks, you can feel stiffness & tenderness too. So it’s a wake-up call for you to see a doctor where doctors can still cure it via therapies & medications.
- Stage 3: At this stage, osteoarthritis has climbed a level up to moderate & the cartilage between the bones has obvious damages & the cartilage has got reduced to its minimal size and you will feel the pain while walking, kneeling, bending & running. Here the therapies may give you the desired result and doctors may have to switch to viscosupplements & narcotics medicine like cortisone but the narcotic medicines are harmful in the long run.
- Stage 4: This stage is considered to be critical & here you will feel severe discomfort in your knees & every medication & therapy options will generally fail. So its an alarm for the surgery.
Coming to the different types of surgery, there are 3 major basic kinds of knee replacement, depending on the damage.
- Total Knee Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Custom Knee Replacement
And to analyze the condition the doctors will follow some of the minimal checklists & then the treatment will follow according to the situation.
- Complete history and physical examination of the candidate.
- X-ray examination to assess the total amount of damage caused.
- Blood tests are also done to prevent inflammatory arthritis.
So as stated above, knee replacement is not that painful & unreliable as it was previously, the only thing is that you need to be cautious about the different signs your knee gives and the rest will be handled during careful examination & proper remedy done by a good doctor.
Question and Answers (232)
What is the knee replacement surgery cost in India?Comparatively the knee replacement surgery cost in India is affordable than other developed countries. On this page, you will get to know the estimated amount required for different types of knee replacement surgeries, additional cost determining factors.
10 Best Knee Replacement Hospital in IndiaKnee replacement is a huge relief to many people suffering from various disorders of knees that bring immense pain and affects day to day life severely. On this page, you will find some of the best knee replacement hospital in India that are fully equipped to perform this procedure due to the latest tools, implants, and infrastructure.
10 Best Knee Replacement Surgeon in IndiaIf you are in search of the best knee replacement surgeon in India, then you have landed on the right page. Knee replacement also known as knee arthroplasty is a surgical process performed to relieve the pain and disability in the knee. In India, knee replacement surgery is performed by the best doctors in the best hospitals which match the International standards of treatment. Also, knee replacement surgeons are skilled and qualified to perform complex knee surgeries using the most modern treatment and surgical methods.
What is the Hip Replacement Surgery Cost in India?Relatively, the hip replacement surgery cost in India is inexpensive compared to other developed countries. Also, hip replacement surgery cost depends on the type of surgery required according to your medical condition and several other factors. On this page, you will get to know the approximate price needful for various types of hip replacement surgeries, added cost affecting factors.
10 Best Hip Replacement Surgeon in IndiaIf you are looking for the best hip replacement surgeon in India, then you have landed on the right page. In India, you can find the best and experienced hip replacement surgeons with a very high success rate. These doctors are associated with renowned hospitals having international standards when it comes to providing the best treatment to the patients.