- High sitting in bed position:
- The best position, but avoid sitting in this position for extended periods after hospital discharge.
- Because it increases pressure on the spinal curves of your lower back, thus making it prone to injury.
- Sleeping Wedge position:
- If your upper body needs to be elevated when sleeping or resting, then this alternative might help. It can increase comfort and reduce lower back pressure.
- Don't sit in one place for longer than 1-2 hours.
- Spend more time lying down than sitting or standing. But the remaining time you should divide between walking and sitting.
- Your body posture especially matters when sitting on the toilet so as to avoid constipation after hysterectomy.
If you recently had this operation, get in touch with your doctor right away.
You can call our helpdesk to get in touch with us.
You should know that going into this procedure will leave you with a hanging abdomen. However, it is safe to combine it with a tummy tuck.