Breast cancer has surpassed lung cancer to become the most commonly diagnosed form of cancer. In 2020, approximately 23 lakh women worldwide were diagnosed with breast cancer. Out of them, 2 lahks were from India.
Amongst them, there were reports of more than 76,000 deaths in India. According to a report by the National Cancer Registry Program, the number of breast cancer patients in India will rise to 2.3 lakh cases in 2025.
Though the figures are alarmingly high, breast cancer treatment is highly effective if the disease is identified early. By the end of 2020, 78 lakh women, who were diagnosed with breast cancer in the past five years, were alive. People with early breast cancer usually have an excellent prognosis with effective treatment.
Here is a list of the best breast cancer hospitals in the world. They offer world-class treatment with the best medical practices. They also provide breast reconstruction after cancer.
Best breast cancer hospitals in the USA
1. Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
|Address: 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY, 10065|
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center is one of the world's premier cancer cure institutes.
- The cancer center offers a personalized breast cancer treatment plan to every patient.
- Patients at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center can access new drug treatments through clinical trial programs.
- Their rehabilitation and integrative medicine experts also help patients manage other side effects of breast cancer, like problems with movement lymphedema, stress, and sexual dysfunction.
- The hospital has 514 inpatient beds and around 1,417 attending physicians.
2. St. Joseph Breast Center
|Address: 160 N Eagle Creek Dr. Suites 101, Lexington, KY 40509, United States|
- St. Joseph Hospital Breast Care Center offers advanced breast cancer treatment techniques.
- It has the latest state-of-the-art technology to offer compassionate care to all women.
- The American College of Radiology has recognized the cancer care center as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence.
- The hospital also has a Breast Cancer Support Group for newly diagnosed patients, survivors, their families, and friends.
- It has 208 inpatient beds and many outpatient clinics.
3. St. Vincent's Breast Center
|Address: 8 Prospect St, Nashua, NH 03060, United States|
- St. Vincent's Hospital Breast Center offers full-scale medical, radiation, and surgical oncology services.
- The cancer care unit has advanced diagnostic technology, including breast MRI, breast biopsy, 3-D mammography, and ultrasound.
- An experienced team of oncologists offers personalized, holistic treatment plans to all patients.
- Patients can access complementary therapies, support groups, clinical trials, and educational resources.
- The cancer care center in Worcester, Massachusetts, has 381 inpatient beds.
Best breast cancer hospitals in the UK
4. Royal Marsden Hospital
|Address: Downs Rd, Sutton SM2 5PT, United Kingdom|
- Royal Marsden Hospital London, UK has one of the largest breast units in the country.
- They receive more than 9000 new breast referrals every year.
- They offer quick diagnosing by enabling patients to consult doctors and undergo assessment and imaging tests on the same day.
- The cancer cure center has a stellar reputation for introducing new therapies into standard, state-of-the-art practice.
- Doctors in this facility are experts at managing breast cancer in young and pregnant women.
- The world-famous hospital has 269 inpatient beds.
5. St John & St Elizabeth Hospital
|Address: 60 Grove End Rd, London NW8 9NH, United Kingdom|
- The cancer care institute is famous for offering exemplary standards of care to patients.
- The breast clinic has the latest technology for diagnostic procedures. These include MRIs, 3-D mammography, ultrasound scans, and image-guided biopsies.
- Patients also have access to services like breast reconstruction and implants.
- St John & St Elizabeth Hospital operates on a not-for-profit basis, and they deploy their assets for charitable purposes.
- The cancer care unit is renowned worldwide for its holistic approach to healthcare and excellent standards of nursing.
6. Nuffield Health Cancer Centre London
|Address: 49 Parkside, London SW19 5NB, United Kingdom|
- Cancer Centre London offers world-class cancer care tailored to individual needs.
- The hospital specializes only in oncology.
- The team of doctors and nurses offers 360-degree cancer care, from diagnosis, assessment, and treatment to aftercare and support services.
- The hospital provides multidisciplinary teams to every patient to benefit from several specialist opinions.
- Cancer Centre London is one of the few hospitals with dedicated breast care nurses and manual lymphatic drainage massage.
Best breast cancer hospitals in India
|Address: Goregaon Link Rd, Nahur West, Industrial Area, Mulund West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400078|
- Another name for the brand Fortis is 'Mecca of Healthcare.
- The health institute secured the second rank in a global study of the 30 most technologically promoted hospitals.
- Fortis Hospital has a stellar reputation for its expertise in radiation therapy by renowned oncologists.
- It is the first hospital in the world to have digital MRI technology, 3 Tesla.
- Under the brand, Fortis has 54 healthcare facilities, 260 diagnostic centers, and 10,000 beds.
8. Apollo Hospital
|Address: 5/639, Rajiv Gandhi Salai, Tirumalai Nagar, Perungudi, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600096|
- Apollo Hospital is a forerunner in the treatment of breast cancer.
- The experts at the hospital have performed over 50,000 breast cancer surgeries in the last two decades.
- This Breast cancer hospital is a highly specialized center dedicated to breast care in India.
- The cancer care unit uses state-of-the-art technology like Gallium 68 PET-CT Scan to diagnose breast cancer.
- The multispecialty hospital has over 550 inpatient beds and 15 operating rooms.
9. Medanta - The Medicity Hospital
|Address: CH Baktawar Singh Rd, Medicity, Islampur Colony, Sector 38, Gurugram, Haryana 122001|
- The Medanta Breast Cancer services offer personalized care to all breast cancer patients through the world-class expertise of multidisciplinary groups of doctors.
- It specializes in surgery and has some of the world's finest breast surgical oncologists.
- The hospital also has reputable breast reconstructive surgeons and enables facilities for breast conservation and oncoplastic surgery.
- It is NABL certified and commissioned under NABH.
- The healthcare facility has 1250 beds and over 350 critical care beds under 20 specialties.
You can read ahead of how Clinicspots helped an old patient from Bangladesh with Ductal Carcinoma Breast Cancer and every patient to get treated in India from across the world.
Best breast cancer hospitals in Singapore
10. Mount Elizabeth Hospital
|Address: 3 Mount Elizabeth, Singapore 228510|
- The healthcare facility is one of Asia's largest JCI-certified hospitals specializing in oncology.
- It has adopted a holistic approach to treating breast cancer.
- The team of experts at Mount Elizabeth Hospital offers a continuum of care through advanced radiation and chemotherapy techniques. They also provide palliative care for terminally ill patients.
- It is a JCI-accredited facility specializing in oncology, cardiology, and neuroscience.
- The medical facility has around 345 inpatient beds.
11. Gleneagles Hospital
|Address: 6A Napier Rd, Singapore 258500|
- From cancer screening diagnosis and treatment, Gleneagles Hospital Cancer Centre provides a 360-degree treatment plan to patients worldwide.
- The cancer care unit has 34 specialists and over 300 multidisciplinary doctors and surgeons to offer comprehensive care to each patient.
- The hospital has state-of-the-art facilities and the latest technology to offer end-to-end expertise in oncology, orthopedics, and cardiovascular treatment.
- The 258-bedded facility serves more than 100,000 international patients.
Best breast cancer hospitals in the rest of the world
12. Institut Curie, France
|Address: 26 Rue d'Ulm, 75005 Paris, France|
- Institut Curie is one of the world's leading breast cancer treatment providers.
- Expert oncologists and surgeons treat patients here, adhering to the most appropriate protocols.
- The hospital is renowned for its seamless care framework that focuses on lessening the number of hospital visits for patients.
- Institut Curie is one of its kind in using alternative techniques like performing surgical procedures like mastectomies under hypnosis.
- The cancer care unit is also reputed for addressing psychological issues before and after breast cancer treatment.
13. National Cancer Center Hospital East in Japan
|Address: 6 Chome Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba 277-0882, Japan|
- National Cancer Center Hospital East is famous for deploying the latest treatments with seamless, multi-faceted support.
- The hospital also has a stellar reputation for approaching each and every patient with utmost sincerity.
- The cancer care unit strives to achieve just two things - world-class cancer treatment and innovation of effective cancer treatments.
- The medical facility has 425 beds, including 25 beds in the palliative care unit (PCU).
14. Quirónsalud Madrid University Hospital in Spain
|Address: C. Diego de Velázquez, 1, 28223 Pozuelo de Alarcón, Madrid, Spain|
- Quirónsalud is the largest healthcare chain across Spain and Europe.
- The Quirónsalud Madrid University Hospital was established in 2007 and is a part of the Quirónsalud Hospital group.
- The hospital has a remarkable record of performing 300,000 surgical procedures annually.
- The team of experts at this medical facility focus on treating breast cancer with advanced, latest techniques.
- The JCI-accredited hospital has 200 inpatient beds.
15. Canadian Specialist Hospital in UAE
|Address: Behind Ministry of Environment and Water - Abu Hail - Dubai - United Arab Emirates|
- One of the largest hospitals in Dubai, Canadian Specialist Hospital has a world-class infrastructure and advanced technology.
- The hospital has some of the world's best oncologists with reliable experience and expertise in treating breast cancer.
- The premier medical facility has more than 300 specialized centers with 200 beds.
What should you consider before choosing a hospital for breast cancer treatment?
Consider these points below before choosing a hospital for breast cancer treatment.
Experience with the patients
- Communicate clearly to your doctor what treatment options you are looking at.
- If you are in a critical state, check if the hospital/doctor has dealt with similar cases before.
Facilities and Care
- If you are looking for some particular facilities and kinds of care, go through the hospital website or ask them in person if they can meet your requirements.
- Ensure the hospital you choose has facilities to accommodate attendees, so you do not feel lonely.
- Check reviews on the internet, newspapers, and hospital websites. Going through patient testimonials will give you much clarity on the hospital's standard and service.
- It would help if you also went through reviews for your doctor, ensuring you receive treatment only from the best.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I ask my doctor at my first cancer appointment?
What are the treatment options available for breast cancer in India?
What are the signs and symptoms of breast cancer?
What is the cost of Breast Cancer Treatment in India?
How long does it take to recover from breast cancer treatment ?
How does a breast cancer doctor detect or diagnose breast cancer in India?
What is the procedure for getting a breast cancer screening?
How often should you perform a breast self-examination (BSE)?